Pastor Dave's Highlights

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Pastor Dave these were the baby squirrels that we found for comparison. It’s illegal to raise them in IN without a permit. (I didn’t know until I tried to get info on raising them-to release.) There is a place in Columbus that is licensed to raise them if you want the info.
5E4E8AB9-B7D9-4092-98B3-D5E97BFE40C9.jpeg

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can now say that the mystery baby doesn't have the length of tail as these squirrels, nor the pointy facial characteristics. The more it grows and has hair growing, the more it looks more like a cottontail. Since I didn't get any earlier pics, I can't show why I thought different earlier. It is real healthy and seems to appreciate his foster mother and siblings.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bet it is the N or NE side of the house and the ground is higher against the house than the edge of the snow...for drainage away from foundation. It is quite prevalent here...in our on/if snow we get. @Bruce all ya have is elevation changes up there in the mountainous area ya live in....I can understand why ya have only seen it on an elevation change....:)

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
You'll have to post a pic of the mystery baby when you get a chance!

I will! It is growing into a Cottontail bunny. It is adapting well to it's surrogate and is getting roly poly in just a week.

@Bruce, @CntryBoy777, and @farmerjan, It is definitely the North side of the house that gets no sun in the winter.

Latest posts