Pastor Dave's Highlights

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
So sorry that Jill seems to be having one issue after another. Sitting in hospitals isn't fun for anyone, least of all the one who needs the care. I hope it's nothing serious and that she can recover quickly and completely. Maybe you can work out a real honeymoon a little later.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today Jill had an endo scope that showed stomach lining abrasions but no ulcers. The meds from the dentist helped set everything off. She uses a lot of Ibuprofen and has to get away from Nsaids and use Tylenol and an acid blocker. We got to come home abt 4pm today. Thanks for the kind words and prayers. She's asleep and I am back to sleeping days and staying up nights like I did for sooooo long back in the day when I worked 12s on nights for abt 10 years until moving here. I will crash soon.

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
poor jill, give her a hug and take good care of her. your gonna be a little busy till she gets back on her feet between boys, bunnies, house work, cooking and church work so take care of yourself too. keep on hoppin' kiddo

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad you both are back home and that Jill has a diagnosis. Hospitals are not a good place to be, but it is nice to have one when you need it. Hope you both are back up to good health soon.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Been a busy week since getting back with Jill Sunday afternoon. After some visitation Monday, got some mowing done. Attended a surgery Tuesday and Wednesday. Cleaned out rabbit trays Thursday. Have clerical work today and Saturday mixed in with some butchering. We've been trying to do something each week with the boys til we get back to a school schedule here in abt another month. The drain on finances from the tooth extraction has put a little halt on that. With 90+ deg temps been getting work done in early hours or close to dusk. Having our vacation in the AC at home. Indiana is underway with all the county fairs and can't imagine the animals on display in all the heat.

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
How is Jill doing and her recovery?
Maybe doing something free(hard to find nowadays) with the boys like going fishing, hiking at a state park, check with local libraries for free movie nights, or even free concert at the nearby town park?
Heat wave here as well so we'll be staying in. We were invited to a friend's pool party so we will take advantage of that. ;)

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
20180630_105846.jpg
Jill has been back to 100% since coming home. Just some changes on not using Nsaids and less coffee. She's on an acid pump blocker type med for a couple months.

My boys asked me today, How's come we don't have normal flat bacon like everyone else? I said, because I listened up once when my Grandma described salt pork. You're welcome!