Pastor Dave's Highlights

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Tonight I get to go look at a Swisher 60" pull behind mower with 13hp motor, new blades, belts, and battery. I hope to return home with it on my trailer. Hard to negotiate whether you want it or not when you have the trailer with you, but I usually just ask, "Is that price the best you can go?"

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
I should have taken a pic or two of the mower, but it's at the neighbor's for a few days. It was listed at $500. The seller called and said he mowed with it yesterday, but today he pulled it out and started it and it was spraying gas. He thought it was the carburetor. I brought my neighbor Butch, the small engines mechanic, and he looked it all over and asked what the guy's bottom dollar was. He said he didn't know. So Butch asks him if he'll take $400. He says, Yah I'll do that. I'm still waiting to talk to Butch to see what he thinks is wrong with it. So, Butch sees the seller turn around to do something, and asks me if I think that's a fair price. He winks and says, You'll do ok for $400. We load it up and I get out in the road, and he says it had a busted fuel line he will replace and do a little carb work, and I'll be mowing with on Monday. So we get it back to his place next door to mine and I hand him $40 for parts he may need and we shake hands and I go back home.

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
so this is the butch that you're gonna bring to my house to work on mowers right, lol. I can't pay a lot but I can sure cook and feed youall well. then i'll show you where WR's tree stand is and let you harvest a pig or 3. so glad he went with you and knows what he's doing.
on a side note, you are still taking care of yourself, right? don't you to pop yourself back open ya know.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
The seller was young like me, and grabbed the tongue of that Swisher and pulled it like a little red wagon. He got past my trailer and started running with it in "reverse" and had it up and on that trailer lickity split.

Yah, Butch is a good guy. Army vet, engineer, and then retired young to fix mowers. He just remarried, so he might just consider that trip with some hog hunting thrown in and someone else doing the cooking a honeymoon. We are in week 2 of new school year, or it sounds like a family vacation to me. But, it didn't sound like the cooking offer extended to a total of 6 if you add in the honeymoon bride.