Pastor Dave's Highlights

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I personally love BOTH styles AND the ones in the middle. :D:thumbsup A true NY crust is thin & crispy and is firm enough that you can hold a slice and the crust will bend but not "break", spilling/sliding all the toppings off. When you fold it lengthwise down the middle, it turns it into like a "V" shaped "scoop" to hold all those delicious toppings while you eat it. :drool The Chitown style deep dish is just carb overload and ohhhhhh so good :drool Great for folks who like bread products as well as pizza toppings. The caramelized crust around the outside that "crunches" when you bite through it is amazing... Thinking I'll hit up a Domino's for lunch... traditional crust, 3 meat pizza :drool $7.99 take out every day :clap

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
I do not know if Pizza King made it into other states, but if I lived elsewhere, I would have to have it if I returned to visit.
I've never seen a Pizza King around here.

I think New York style pizza is super thin crust, if you can't fold it, it isn't pizza.
And Chicago is very thick crust.
I think so too. I'm not picky, I like them both.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think New York style pizza is super thin crust, if you can't fold it, it isn't pizza.
And Chicago is very thick crust. I prefer mine in the middle!
That, would be Cleveland......where starving & desperate people go to eat.

middlr.jpg

Last edited:

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We like a super thin crispy crust and Walmart recently started carrying a new line under the brand name California Pizza Kitchen that does not have yeast so Teresa can finally have a store bought pizza again. Our home made is good but opening a box and turning on the oven is a good thing every once in awhile.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
We had our Pizza King pizza Friday night. It was definitely a worthwhile reward for the current progress in weight loss.

Weaned two litters yesterday and have one due the first of next week.

Tried to winterize the garage that houses most all my tools/motorized equipment, hay, straw, and rabbits. Put the tractor on my utility trailer parked at the East side of the garage and covered with a tarp for winter. It was just a little short of totally covering the rear end and 3pt hitch. I split a feed sack up the middle and draped it over my Cat-0 3pt hitch for extra protection from the elements. I plan to come back with a larger tarp and cover the whole trailer to keep the wood floor dry too. If it's nice enough in November, I could back it off the trailer, but as it gets closer to freezing weather, I will disconnect the batteries and put them in the basement.