Pastor Dave's Highlights

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sounds like the TSC job will really help you to get your "farming operation" situated and things more functional for you. I am really glad that you are able to make this work to your advantage. We do miss your more frequent postings, but well understand. Also, realize that most all hay rakes are ground driven/friction driven. The side delivery rakes are driven from the wheel that turns the shaft, that turns the roller bar. The wheel rakes are strictly driven by the force of them being pulled against the ground. It is alot better than needing anything that is operated off a pto shaft. It will really make your "hay making operation" alot better. So glad for you.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a wish list for my hay operations. The little acre I do is all by hand. Knock it down with my weed eater, rake by hand, turn over rows by hand, and use a stationary hand fed baler.

The pull behind rake is first thing I'm checking off the list. I am looking at a 6-8hp walk behind push trimmer to make the job a little easier, and on this site some time back there was an ad for barneswelding.com or something similar, for a stationary vertical hand fed baler at a weld company in FL that would make a better, tighter square bale, more standard in size. Until I get a bigger tractor with pto and a drum or sickle mower, and pull behind baler, these additions wished for will make things so much better and easier.

You may have guessed, I have today off from TSC. :) Go back in tomorrow 10 to 4.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
How is the combination of TSC hours and the "pastoring" working out? Are things also going along well with the family? I am sure your boys are missing you some; are any of them in school yet?
It is always a juggling act with working and home life and farming life; and you are stretched with being a pastor also. I give you alot of credit for doing the juggling and having it work out so far.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks @farmerjan
So far, so good. It has made doing Sunday preparation tighter to fit in. My boys are in third grade and kindergarten. They seem to be handling it pretty well. Most of my shifts have been 6 hours or less, so when I do afternoons til close, I see them in the mornings and tell them I won't be home til they're in bed, but I'll see them again in the morning. I've only been doing 15-23 hours a week at TSC.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is a decent amount for a part time job. And you get those great discount benefits!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Planning on a pull behind, gravity/friction operated hay rake with 6 tine wheels for atv's, utv's, and subcompact tractors.

This sounds like something I might find useful. Do you have a pic/part number so I can check it out? Of course, I'd LOVE the discount, too but...being a neighbors member, I do get those discounts! I cut small areas and would love to do some "hand baling" for saving the growth. I have a cutter, like you mention (I think) A string cutter on wheels? Have a tractor but, haying equipment way out of price range & use needs.

Good to hear things are going well with work and weight. :) Congrats on those new bunnies, too! Just think, each one cost less because of your discounts! :cool:

I watch for your occasional posts -- we miss you but, understand working hours. We have them, too. Sometimes my 2 PT jobs + farm will limit my time to post. Check in often as you can. :clap

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yard Tuff 60" v-style
acreage rake or 48" 6 wheel vs. 4 wheel
60" Sku: 440803099 $299 regularly $399
48" Sku: 126511699 $199 regularly $299

There's also an inline 55" by Yard Tuff that accepts weights $299 regularly $399

Try barnesweldingshop.com for the baler I mentioned. Makes a 13"W x 12"D x 26"L bale in abt 90 secs.