Pastor Dave's Highlights

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry about the stillborn. Glad to see you found a little time to check in :)

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yah. It's nice to find time to check in. No need to say it's been busy around here. Preplanning Advent season. Gearing up for Thanksgiving. Squeezing in cleaning in the rabbit shed on days off from TSC. Still trying to maintain normal family schedule and activities.

I am still learning the job and where things go at TSC. We pack things into tight quadrants and sections. The handheld scanners do a pretty good job indicating where to put things. A lot of it is repetition and memorization. Our policy is to carry basic supplies to repair or replace common items customers expect to use "out here", but we just don't supply every part or piece an item uses. Sometimes it needs to be ordered or purchased from a specialty shop dealing in just that item. Another thing I am discovering is that if you are wearing that red vest, some feel you are an expert on all the items carried. I try to say if I don't know abt an item, but will look it up or ask another team member.

I still go in feeling pretty good abt the job. There is so few enployees at a TSC that they do become work family and we get along pretty well. Most of us are part time with just a few full time.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I wish that all of those that didn't know the answer to something would say so. Most do but I've had a couple that gave me outright wrong info that could have cost money if I had accepted the info as true. Several TSC folks are also neighbors so that is a good thing.

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, CT left me with one stillborn kit out of first kindle. I should have rebred afterward when hormones were at highest, but didn't want a December kindle. Gonna wait til February for a March kindle.

View attachment 54808

On the bright side:
Rabbit sausage patties for breakfast.

View attachment 54809
Never had rabbit sausage but i bet they were good

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I try to say if I don't know about an item, but will look it up or ask another team member.
GOOD! It really irks me when someone doesn't know the answer but won't say so and tries to sell you something or spends 10 minutes dragging you around the store looking for something that MIGHT be what you need.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Had a good week leading to Thanksgiving. Worked hard to get ready for Black Friday, visited with Mom and my sister at our house Thursday, worked a busy Friday, and went abt an hour North for a family dinner on Saturday. Busy today, and going back to TSC again tomorrow. After Christmas we will cut back the length of our hours some and not open as early or stay open as late.