Pastor Dave's Highlights

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Guess I need to look at our local TSC hours....in case.
Glad you had time to visit with family. I sure with the added work hours you find time very limited some weeks. Good to get an update. :)

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad you had a few minutes to update us. I am sure it will be crazy at TSC until Christmas, and more responsibilities with your church too. Hope you can enjoy it and not get too stressed, and we will be glad for you to have the extra hours/money now with looking forward to a little let up in the new year.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hadn't thought about the Black Friday thing for the employees. Unlike us, you don't have the option to say HECK NO!!!! to going into the fray.

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Had a good week leading to Thanksgiving. Worked hard to get ready for Black Friday, visited with Mom and my sister at our house Thursday, worked a busy Friday, and went abt an hour North for a family dinner on Saturday. Busy today, and going back to TSC again tomorrow. After Christmas we will cut back the length of our hours some and not open as early or stay open as late.
Good to hear from you and glad that you had some time for a family visit.
I dislike shopping at the stores, except for grocery shop, that I like. I prefer online shopping because I know what I want and can easily find it. But I don't really shop much

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Decided to check in. Was pretty busy following Black Friday, even after being told to expect less hours.

Had some snow...
I know the Southern States are finishing up some mess too.

My DS2 asked me to take his picture the other day when "we" were doing chores so the folks at TSC would know what he looks like.
Jill and I had a nice Christmas party with TSC Sunday night at Sal's, an authentic Italian restaurant in town. It was fun and the food was great!

Today, cooking some Scrapple for all you Easterners or Penn-Dutch descendants.
20181206_140421.jpg
20181121_131755.jpg
20181213_100607.jpg

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
CUTE KID !!!!!! Yeah, I LOVE SCRAPPLE, PON_HOSS , whatever it is called in the different local markets....
I am sure you have been busy and will probably stay that way up to close to Christmas, then right after for the Post Christmas return/sales. Then maybe slow down a little but then will be gearing up for the "SPRING" .... Glad things are still going well. Did you get your "rake" for your grass/hay?

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
TSC employees were to get a 40% deduction between Nov30 and Dec 02 on one item, but the complications involved made it not work out just now. Items couldn't be discounted already, and had to be in-store. The rakes have to be ordered in, so I plan to wait a month or two.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks!
Scrapple is also Pon Has. Old fashion way to make meat go further boiling down the head, organs, and scraps, removing from the broth, adding spices and cornmeal. Replace the meat and make a porridge. Let it cool in loaf pans and become solid. Slice in pieces dredge in flour, fry in oil, butter, or bacon fat. Veeery healthy! Haha