Pastor Dave's Highlights

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
My wife is good. I can't remember an issue she may have been having. I knew you had those legal issues going on and I hoped you would win in court. I hope you like your new place and can have ownership of it without conflict. My six yr old son asked if our new place was our forever home, and if anyone could make us leave it? I said, Yes it's ours and no one is gonna try to make us leave (provided we make payments and keep up on the taxes) Haha.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
When our house was built in 1900's, the road out front was probably a one lane dirt road. It is so very close to the road that it would not pass code to build so close now! The road became a highway over the years, but since has downgraded to Old State Road 55. Almost as close as the road is to the front, there is a drop off behind down to the creek. It is Black Creek and runs off of or into Sugar Creek. Our property is not deep at all, but makes up for it width. We have 2-1/2 acres to the front and abt an acre on the other side of the creek. The drainage is great, but it turns out with little rain this summer, the grass dries up pretty quick. The walls of the ravine looking up from the creek to the backside of all my buildings is rocky. When I dig down, so far to dig fo posts or anything else, I have hit rock abt 4" down. I am guessing the terrain matches up with the ravine, and it feels like living on a mountain. I am not planning to make hay at this point. I hope the money I spend in hay is made up by the time and hard work not being spent. I have area available to fence in wooded space and open ground for the goats. They can have a run-in door to the SE corner of the barn. It will be pretty much experimental for a while. I plan to put a wall up in the barn that will separate the mechanical/shop side as 2/3 and the animal side as a third. With some additional cattle panels and some gates everything works out GREAT IN MY HEAD! :ep

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
What is the rafter spacing and how deep are they? I'm thinking you might want to go 3/4" on the flooring. I wouldn't be surprised to see 2' spacing on the rafters and they may be 2x4 or maybe 2x6.