Pastor Dave's Highlights

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are close to family now, but further away from folks that have become like family. I was able to fill in at a church the other day, and maybe that's where I'm supposed to be back at doing. I try to be a positive person and set a good example around my coworkers now at the factory. Most seem to feel free to open up to me with problems or how they're feeling. I don't know what's ahead, but just try to keep going by my Faith.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I admire your ability to plow through the tough times, keeping the faith. A positive attitude goes a long way in dealing with adverse conditions. Sometimes when things start to get to me, I do what I call the Attitude of Gratitude. For 10 minutes I speak out loud, thanking God for the good things in my life. In fact, it is a good exercise to do at least weekly. After giving thanks for so many positive things, problems seem to diminish.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am hearing the old timers saying the way the nut trees and fruit trees are yielding and dumping their produce it is going to be a bad winter and God's way of taking care of wildlife.

We have oaks, walnuts, hickories, persimmon, apple, maples, and more varieties I haven't labeled yet. Oh, and I forgot abt the Pawpaw trees by the creek. I can attest the ground is loaded with "mother nature's" bounty!:yesss:

Last edited:

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm not sure either. The last couple winters here, the construction crews have barely slowed down whether it be home builds or road work. Winter used to be the season some of those jobs took time off til the weather cleared and Spring showed up. Might be it's going to be a winter to finally slow down some. Everybody needs a season every once in a while to slow down.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
We ran at 100.8% efficiency tonight and were down 1 person on my line to boot! We uaually cut 12 or a little more 640 blocks an hour. 16 is a lot and we were running 20 an hour. The operator kept speeding up even knowing we were short on cutters. He hurried out of the locker room at the end of shift. He knew we weren't real happy with him for not pitching in and helping out more. Not sure why he didn't back off a little. We couldn't keep up with his demand. Glad to be off now. It was a long shift. :he

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Some guys you just can't get through to. We tried to point out we were too short to run that fast, and he just laughed it off and said, "I don't care."

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
How're the asparagus plants looking? Did the strawberry plants get rooted in okay? I know you have to be getting close to colder weather. Make sure you mulch the strawberry plants REAL GOOD or the roots will freeze. Since they are newly planted, they won't have the root reserves that older established plants have. The asparagus too, but they are "deeper" in the ground than the strawberries.
Sorry the boss is such a pain. So glad that my job doesn't have that kind of interaction with a boss.... just "grumpy farmers" but with the way things have been, they have a right to be out of sorts.

Latest posts