Pasture in the making

Stubbornhillfarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Yesterday the grapler and other equipment showed up. Within 3 hours, they had made quite a dent in our woods that we will someday have as pasture. These are not the greatest pictures and are really decieving. You can't tell how big this machine is, but yes, that is a grown man sitting inside and the tires on it are roughly 6 ft tall.

Can't wait to see what it looks like when I get home today!

West side of the house.

4090_cow_pas.jpg

North west side of the house. The house faces north.

4090_cow_pass_ex.jpg

This rock that he is moving is huge. Moved it like it was nothing!

4090_cow_pass_rock.jpg

Stubbornhillfarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Oh, I don't need a rock garden Karin. We have enough rocks without growing any more.:lol: But seriously, I love the rocks as long as they are not in the way. So he did move it to where we are going to build up a section on the other side of the barn that you don't see. AND...I will in fact be able to plant some things amongst the rocks. Great minds think alike! :D

Stubbornhillfarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Wow! They were there for a total of 5 hours yesterday. We now have a space of 5-6 acres that has been cleared for a field. We have owned this property for 10+ years and walked in the woods alot. But standing at the back of the field area and looking towards the house, it just looks so much larger now.

Behind the barn.

4090_pasture_two.jpg

Turn just a bit to the left and you see this.

4090_pasture_three.jpg

Then turn a bit more to the left and see this. The opening takes a bend behind the 3 white birch trees that you see lined up and extends back to one of the large pines that you can see.

4090_pasture_one.jpg

A friend gave us some words of wisdom that has prompted all of this action and more in our lives. "If you do nothing, nothings gonna change." Change is taking place! :D

Cricket

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Next year you'll be watching your cows in that field! (Grass grows almost as good as rocks up here, too!). It's really opening up your view, too.

Stubbornhillfarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thursdays update.

Up at the top of the picture you can see the roof of the barn. We have A LOT of stumping to do!

4090_pasture_barn.jpg

Pups checking things out.

4090_pasture_pups.jpg