Pasturing pigs?

ohiofarmgirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Not sure why you had no oomph...
we had a bad-a$$ charger too and had it all set up - but the pigs figured if they ran REALLY fast they could break thru the hot strands.

but when we put up field fence on the outside of the hot strands, they couldnt get thru the electric/fence and just stood there getting shocked.

jmh had some good thoughts about this - he helped us get it figured out. these are the only pigs we've had who've done this. after 2 days of chasing them around - and the pigs chasing the goats - we wont take the chance again.

pigs = crazy

;-)

Poupoulles

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I needed my two feeders to dig up my garden, so I made a pen out of hog panels and I move it every three weeks or so (every two now) and it has worked like a charm.
T posts at each corner, and one in the middle of certain sections, if the ground is uneven for example.
Hog panels are the only non-electric fencing I would use, and they are really only for a small area which I am doing on purpose because I want them to root up the garden. If I was keeping these two, I would have serious electric.