peanut hay

bturbo87

Just born
Reaction score
im located down in south GA and this time of year weve got peanut hay out the wahzoo and goin g for cheap...the only place we can get timothy hay is at walmart for 5 bucks a 1/8 bale...anybody know if i can feed the peanut hay...or is this a bad idea???

Emmetts Dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Penut hay is like alfalfa hay...so I hear...I know others in the south that do it for sure...But if you can get a bale of other hay..I would recomend mixing it. No one else..like feed stores TSC?? Has bales of regular hay???

I would keep looking..it may be pricey this time of year..but mixing it will save on cost. I would try to give them both for sure.

I hope it helps!! And Welcome to BYC!!! :D

bturbo87

Just born
Reaction score
thankyou but no need for the welcome, ive been on BYC for over a year.... it just took me that to annoy the wife enough with you got your chickens, i take care of your chickens, now let me have rabbits.

Emmetts Dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
bturbo87 said:
thankyou but no need for the welcome, ive been on BYC for over a year.... it just took me that to annoy the wife enough with you got your chickens, i take care of your chickens, now let me have rabbits.
Sorry :lol: I meant Back Yard HERDS!!! Goats not chickens!!! :lol:
Im on BYH right!!! :lol: Just kidding!!

nicktide

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I posted on craigslist farm and garden section to find my hay farmer. I got mine for $4 for a 44lb bale of high quality timothy. I am in Maryland but I think it's grown everywhere. Also, orchard grass and brom is supposed to be pretty good too.

jason_mazzy

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Curious how close are either of you to chickamunga?

Latest posts