Pebbles made me a VERY happy goat mama today!

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Nice twins, 10# buckling

Pebblesboy.jpg

And a gorgeous 94% 2 teated black doeling, she's a keeper!

Pebblesdoe.jpg

dkluzier

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
WOWSA!! You hit the jackpot with those 2! The doeling is awesomely gorgeous to say the least!:cool:

PattiXmas

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Very pretty babies. Just one question - to make a percentage, the papa goat and the momma goat must have to be mixed with something else right? Is there a way to get back up to a 100% breed and would you would be able to register it?

Just wondering how this works. I know that in dogs, if you breed two different breeds, you get a "mutt". You can't take that "mutt" and breed back to a purebred and end up with a percentage. The kids tried to explain this to me, but it wasn't sinking in.

()relics

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Very nice brother and sister...You have the twin thing down pat.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Research at USBGA.com....it explains the percentage thing.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Sorry, it's USBGA.org, not .com....
And, they don't spell it out as plainly as the ABGA, anyhow...taken from their site:
Does between 50 percent up to 93.6 percent are eligible for a percentage registration
Does from the percentage classification are eligible to produce registered offspring.
Does between 50 percent up to 93.6 percent are eligible to show in percentage classes under the ABGA sanctioned show program.
Bucks between 50 percent up to 96.7 are eligible for a record of pedigree.
Bucks between 50 percent up to 96.7 can not produce registered offspring.
Bucks between 50 percent up to 96.7 can not show under the ABGA sanctioned show program.

If I take the 94% doeling, and breed her to our FB (100%) buck, she'll produce 96% kids, breed those kids to a FB and get 98%, and so on.... you can't go any higher than 99% (They're never considered fullblood, but "purebred".)

I actually prefer the performance of % goats out in the field / at kidding.
But, some folks just HAVE to have a 'fullblood' on paper, so we keep a few of those, too.

PattiXmas

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Roll farms said:
Sorry, it's USBGA.org, not .com....
And, they don't spell it out as plainly as the ABGA, anyhow...taken from their site:
Does between 50 percent up to 93.6 percent are eligible for a percentage registration
Does from the percentage classification are eligible to produce registered offspring.
Does between 50 percent up to 93.6 percent are eligible to show in percentage classes under the ABGA sanctioned show program.
Bucks between 50 percent up to 96.7 are eligible for a record of pedigree.
Bucks between 50 percent up to 96.7 can not produce registered offspring.
Bucks between 50 percent up to 96.7 can not show under the ABGA sanctioned show program.

If I take the 94% doeling, and breed her to our FB (100%) buck, she'll produce 96% kids, breed those kids to a FB and get 98%, and so on.... you can't go any higher than 99% (They're never considered fullblood, but "purebred".)

I actually prefer the performance of % goats out in the field / at kidding.
But, some folks just HAVE to have a 'fullblood' on paper, so we keep a few of those, too.
Thanks for the info. I was just wondering how it worked. My son LOVED his Nubian/Boer wether. He got huge!!!

Latest posts