Pee Bottom

cowboyffa84

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I check my rabbits every hour on the hour and noticed one of my does has pee all over her backside she didnt have it on her this morning its been raining all day its looks like she soaked herself in it on the hind quarters whats going on? She has no other problems at all shes bred and will have babys in 2 weeks.

kfacres

Reaction score
cowboyffa84 said:
I check my rabbits every hour on the hour and noticed one of my does has pee all over her backside she didnt have it on her this morning its been raining all day its looks like she soaked herself in it on the hind quarters whats going on? She has no other problems at all shes bred and will have babys in 2 weeks.
why do you check them so often? Maybe she wanted to make you worry?

ruthless

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Any bucks in a position to spray on her?

cowboyffa84

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
No, no bucks in the same hutch at all and I check on them ever hour cause its so hot out and a few of them have babys and im making sure their not over heating.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Try ice water bottles and double/deep shade. Like under a tree and then a tarp over the cages. That way, the air over them is cool and even cooler under their own tarps.

cowboyffa84

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I wnt to the doller store and got tuff a wear tubs and i freeze water then them and let them play with the ice they love it they even sleep on them and all my cages are under trees and well shaded with a shop fan blowing on them

bunnyperson

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Out of curiousity, are you sure it was pee? with the rain and ice tubs? I wouldn't know how to tell the difference, but I'm new to rabbits.

cowboyffa84

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
im not for sure i dont think it was from those no rain gets into my pens

bunnyperson

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Oh ;) I was just curious, because you said it had been raining all day. I hope you figured it out. Is she still having the pee bottom problem?

Latest posts