1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Goat with teeth knocked out? - Discussion thread.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Pellet gun for dispatching

Discussion in 'Meat Rabbits' started by Suzy74, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Jan 4, 2019
    Suzy74

Suzy74 Chillin' with the herd

2. Jan 4, 2019
    Latestarter

Latestarter Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry Golden Herd Member

It should be more than adequate at very close range with an accurately placed shot. Since the weapon is CO2 cartridge powered, some have adjustments where you can increases/decrease the amount of CO2 used on each shot. Please use the gun a bit before your first kill attempt, to make sure you have the pressure dialed up to max, and that the pellet is hitting where you're aiming. If you take shots at a 2x4 or piece of plywood, you can gauge what your results will be by the amount of penetration into the wood. Try doing this at approximately the same range you'll be at from the rabbit.

A heads up: Wear your shooting glasses/eye protection when doing this (please)! I have had pellets ricochet and come straight back at me. This would be very destructive should one hit you in the eye.

3. Jan 4, 2019
    greybeard

greybeard Herd Master

4. Jan 4, 2019
    GypsyG

GypsyG Loving the herd life

I was using a pellet pistol before I got my hopper popper... After using the hopper popper I'll never go back.

B&B Happy goats likes this.