Pennsylvania!

nightshade

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Imissmygirls said:
We've camped at the Jonestown KOA.
lol wrong Jonestown you are thinking of the large one in the southern part of the state. I am in the tiny 10 houses or so one in north eastern Pa. Close to where the Blommsburg fair is if you are familiar with that.

MReit

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I'm bout 5 min from IMMG....I know where blooms and Berwick are..Every year DH and I do a motorcycle run to Berwick in July..

Lady Jane

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I was wondering if there was anyone else in the great state of PA and here is the forum. ^_^ Hi fellow PAer even though you posted this two years ago. :lol:

kay

Just born
Reaction score
Hello... Waynesboro.. we just moved from there 2 years ago. Now living in a little valley below Mercersburg, PA called "The Punch Bowl".

And Kindred Farm.. I used to farm in Howard County, was a 4-H leader there and worked in Westminster.

:frow

Tiramisu's Nyappy

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hello! I am up by the NY border. Athens and Troy are near us...we are about 40 mins to an hour from Elmira. :frow
*I* don't have any herd breed..livestock, lol, but my boyfriends mom does. She has, I hope I'm right...Tunis (sp) and suffolk sheep, only 8 total. I guess she had like 50 a year ago but sold them all and is just going to have a small flock of ones she likes.
I want some goats though! But I can never find any around here though.

Mamaboid

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hello fellow PA people, I am from the Endless Mountains region, near the Poconos. Close to Bloomsburg, Williamsport, from a little town in Sullivan County. I have 4 goats right now, 3 does, a Nubian 9 months old, a nubian/kikko 1 1/2 yr old, and a beautiful little mixed up girl whose mom was a nubian/alpine cross and her daddy was a angora/fainter cross. My buck is a full blooded fainter and a little sweetheart at 9 months old. We are looking forward to raising a few more, and selling a few. I need to post a few more times to be able to put pics on, so I am just saying hi. :frow

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Mamaboid said:
Hello fellow PA people, I am from the Endless Mountains region, near the Poconos. Close to Bloomsburg, Williamsport, from a little town in Sullivan County. I have 4 goats right now, 3 does, a Nubian 9 months old, a nubian/kikko 1 1/2 yr old, and a beautiful little mixed up girl whose mom was a nubian/alpine cross and her daddy was a angora/fainter cross. My buck is a full blooded fainter and a little sweetheart at 9 months old. We are looking forward to raising a few more, and selling a few. I need to post a few more times to be able to put pics on, so I am just saying hi. :frow
Welcome to BYH from someone from the State next door. Love the Poconos. How close are you to Thorpe? :)

Mamaboid

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thank you very much. We are about 2 hours north. The region we are in is called the Endless Mountains region. Eagles Mere is a well known summer town for a lot of folks from NYC and Philly, it is about 6 miles from me. We are out in the back of beyond, which means we have a 1/2 hour drive to anywhere, including a grocery store. But it is worth it for the beauty, peace and quiet, and the ability to have whatever animals we want. (although sometimes my dh is not sure this is a good thing). :idunno