Pennys baby not pooping peeing in 6 days?!?!?!?

heathen

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Ok so with all the issues with the little billy we have had and thanks for all the help all. I have yet to see him poo or pee. He was in the house for 7 hours today and he ate 1 cup of milk and did not poo or pee after. He does not have a hard belly and eats well but I thought after he ate he would have done something. At least have done something in 7 hours at least a little poo or pee but nothing. I have not had a goat in the house since last year but usually within an hour after a bottle they pottied. He was born the 31st so I would think he has done something by now or he would be hunched up and not eating. I thought about giving an enema just to be sure he is going but I dont know the harm if any that would do. I know I wouldnt want one if it was not necessary. Maybe I am worring more because he is the first registerd goat born here. Or maybe its that he is so Tiny I did not have mini goats before and I am not used to something so small lol. He bounces and plays with the chickens he dont really play with the other baby goats he acts like he is to cold when I put them out during the day. So mom has been going to pasture and he has been staying in. How cold is to cold for a ND baby? They have heat lamps in the shed at nite and during the day I have young chicks about 2 onths old in there. I figure if its warm enough for them it is surley warm enough for him. Thanks Heath

julierx1

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I have a Pygmies and Nigerians and trust me, they definately pee after eating. I have one in the house that pees several times after eating. She hates to go in her pen but as soon as I let her out, look out. She does not poo as often. I was actually worried at first about her so called a vet. I ended up giving her 1/2 cc mineral oil. Within the hour she went. I still dont see poo as often as pee.
As for the cold, I really cant answer. I brough her in and now that the temps get in the 20's at night I will not put her back out. Im afraid of her getting sick. I guess she will be in for the rest of winter!! I hope someone can answer ur questions a little better.

heathen

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Well thats how alll my other bottle babies ove the years have done or at least I was thinking. They usually pooped every 2 or 3 bottles depending on the kid. But wouldnt his belly be hard if he was consitpated? He did pee last nite after his midnite bottle but I still aint seen him poop I supose I will give an Enama later today if he dont go soon. Thanks

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
In my experience, babies don't start pooping much (in frequency and quantity) until they are eating solids. They will still go but just not like the adults who are dropping berries like it is a hobby. If he hadn't peed or pooped in 6 days, he would be dead so don't worry too much. You've just missed it. Maybe he is housebroken :)

heathen

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
That would be awsome and a real selling point. Naturally house broke goats its in the blood lol. :p I can see it now its the next big thing lol.