Photography~Favorite photo~NOT a contest

redtailgal

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Lets share our favorite photo with one another. Only ONE photo and you must be the one who took the picture!

Submit it and tell us about it. Why did you take that picture? What do you like about it? and What would you do differently, if anything?

I'll go get mine ready and make another post with mine...............

redtailgal

Reaction score
This is a picture that I particularly enjoy. Its not that great of a shot, but I love it.

Why did you take that picture?

This is a captive mountain lion........and I was allowed behind the scenes. I had been actually touching his face not to long before this pciture was taken, and I was in awe at how peaceful and magestic he looked when he was that far away from me, compared to how powerful he felt when he looked directly into my eyes.....less than six inches from my face.

What do you like about it?

I like the peacefulness, the calmness coming from such a large and powerful animal. lol, I REALLY liked that he was so relaxed and calm about me being in his exclosure.

What would you do differently, if anything?

I wish that, at that time, I had a better camera and had the knowledge that I know now. I wish that I would have been able to take a pic of him that actually showed how magestic he is. This pic just does not do him justice.

2952_nczoo2010-4aej.jpg

Lothiriel

Ridin' The Range
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I've got one! I'll have to post it later though. :) That mountain lion is so beautiful.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
4459_bunnys_329.jpg

Finally picked up my DH's camera and started to practice. Completely manual focus. First time with it on manual.

First, it's in focus. And truly like the different colors showing in Dobby's coat. Really shows off the different coloring.

Would love to get the "red out" of Dobby's eyes. Would have loved the pic to show the brown that I see when his eye is not in the light. But other than that, I really like this picture.

Lothiriel

Ridin' The Range
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
4548_img_1151-1.jpg

I was just randomly walking around taking pictures, and the cat happened to be up on the roof with a bit of snow on his forehead... I couldn't resist.

Pretty much everything.

I wish I could have gotten closer without using the zoom. I would have preferred to have it on macro so there would be more detail. But I'm kinda too short for that.. :p

DKRabbitry

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Just one? But I have HUNDREDS of favorites! I suppose if I had to pick just one it would be this one...

It was a winter photo shoot with my best buddies, I saw him up on the hill and just snapped away. I loves the sunshine and blue skies that day. It really was the perfect day for taking pictures of a couple sable shepherds.

His expression. It is actually really rare to get that look out of that dog. For anyone that knows him he is just an overgrown, exhuberant, old puppy. It is the big joke that he is the 9-year-old 9-month old. But, to those of us that REALLY know him... really only me DH and my trainer, he is so much more than just an overgrown puppy. He has mature thoughts every once in a while and I would trust that dog with my life. He is one of my dearest friends and my partner.

I wish I would have known more and could have done it more manually, just so I can take a little more credit for how great it looks. But mostly I think I just had a good camera :D

3525_thewatchman.jpg

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
woodyintheflowerbed800.jpg

I was working in the garden and the bottle baby fawn (Woody) I was raising for DNR came over and lay down near me. I couldn't resist the photo op.

He looks like a garden statue come to life.

I don't like the dappled lighting.

peachick

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have hundreds of favorites, and It is always changing. But the first one that came to mind was this one....
taken Feb 2010

100_8543 by S!GNATURE, on Flickr

I took the photo because ..... It was early in the morning after a snow fall. Looking out from the kitchen deck everything was white.... except for the big blue bird in the tree.

I like it because .... It is just an awesome photo.

What would I do different .... I'd have a camera with a better zoom! He was so far away. My little digital did the best it could. But it is because of this photo I decided I was ready for a really good camera. Now that I have a great camera and I am hoping for another opportunity to retake this photo.

redtailgal

Reaction score
I am LOVING this thread! :p

I always look at the pics before I comment on them, and imagine the story behind them first. I love hearing the stories and thought processes.....but I rarely get it "right" in my imagination, lol