Photography~Favorite photo~NOT a contest

HankTheTank

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking....I just wanted to be sure. It's an interesting picture!

manybirds

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Fierlin said:
manybirds said:
Fierlin said:
This is my favourite picture at the moment. I just thought it was so unique to get clouds that looked like this!

http://www.backyardherds.com/forum/uploads/5822_dscf2628.jpg
thats amazing! (kinda creepy too!)
Thank you!
And yes, I did think it was a lil weird but very beautiful :p
its like the beginning of the apocalypse or something!
haha probably should have put what that was. its my black tort english angora doe sweetie (who i am very proud of by the by :D doe's good on the show table and i can't wait to see what kind of mother she is! i'm breeding her after ARBA nationaly convention this fall to my lilac tort buck who has the best density of any EA i've met! -can you tell i'm excited?

Fierlin

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I've named the pic the ozone layer hole. :p
It was what was circulating around my mind, after having just completed as assignment on climate change :caf

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
I have 2.

5376_p1100162.jpg

Why did you take this picture?
I was on an adventure to take BW pics so I just shot this one while walking downtown.
What do you like about this picture?
I like the way it's slanted, and the feeling I get from this photo.
What would you change about this photo?
nothing... maybe that's a bad thing???

\/ photo below I just had to add, gives me so many laughs!

5376_img_0156.jpg

Why did you take this picture?
Because I was dressing up my dogs!
What do you like about this picture?
He's kingly stature.
What would you change about this photo?
Nothing again! SOrry.

redtailgal

Reaction score
Smallfarmgirl.........

I think that black and white shots are way overdone. Many folks have told me that they like to take pic and convert it to black and white so it looks professionsal. (sigh........there is so much more that goes into a professional shot than that). Black and whites are a pet peeve of mine and I cringe when I see that someone as converted a shot to black and white.

HOWEVER..........I like that one. (hahaha, you thought I was being mean, didnt you!). That old truck and that angle make this a good black and white because it is UNIQUE. It's a little over exposed, which isnt recessarily a bad thing, I think it works for this pic.

I know that you like black and white shots, so I want to show you something, if you have the software.

I'm not sure what photo editing software you are using, but if you have the proper software and understand what a histogram is, trying playing with this one. Bring your highlights down a little and darken your shadows. You can see how the "mood" of the shot changes.

ALso, if you have the original color shot........I'd like to play with it and type up a quick lesson on conversion. Would you mind providing the color shot and letting me edit in various ways in a thread? You'd get full credit for the shot.

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
Sorry, I just took it on my camera on B&W MODE..

I edited it, like it? I'm going to try to put my whole alum of all that I took that day on my page later...
5376_p1100162.jpg

Thanks! :D You're a great photographer.