Photography~Favorite photo~NOT a contest

redtailgal

Reaction score
Well, I hate that you dont have a color copy of it. I wanted to use it to show the difference between various types of lack and white conversion.

maybe I'll find a good pic myself and do a lesson on it anyway. If the photo challenges pic back up, might be able to do a black and white thing.

crazyland

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
This is my favorite picture with no animals or my kids. I can't pic just one! No way, no how!

061-1.jpg

We were on one of our many walks and I wanted to take pictures of this tree in the field. I liked how this turned out and really want it painted. I like that there is some depth to it. I also love it because it brings back memories of our walks in Germany. Not sure if I would change anything about it.

Something a little off kind of like this perhaps if I had it painted.

061-1-3.jpg

Or like this...

tree.jpg

redtailgal

Reaction score
nice pic!

I like the third modification best.

Teeah3612

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I took this picture of the sunrise this morning.

4859_spring_2012_025.jpg

I see this sunrise every morning on the way to work. It always makes me smile. It is so peaceful!

Some mornings the black angus cows are visible through the fog, but they were not down there this morning. I would like to get one with them in it. When the fog clears you can see the whole pasture with the barn, windmill, and farm house in the background. It is just a gorgeous place.

redtailgal

Reaction score
Oh my..........that is stunning. I wish I had taken that pic, lol.

That belongs in a frame on a wall...........

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I love sunrise and sunset pictures. Here is one of my favorites that I have taken.

4775_summer_037.jpg

Why did you take this picture?
I love sunsets and this one was unbelievable! It almost looked like a forest fire, but was truly just the sunset.
What do you like about this picture?
The colors and the darkness don't even look real they are so bold.
What would you change about this photo?
Nothing, I do wish I would of taken more as the sunset progressed.

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I have to share one of my most favorite series of photos. This was on a quick fishing trip in the mountains near where I live. It was about 3 years ago. My youngest son is so much like me and we just love being out in nature and the rivers and lakes around here. I was sitting on the lake shore just watching him have fun in the water. He spotted a trout and decided he would try to spear it with a stick. This is how it went.

The mighty hunter stalks the prey, using caution and stealth.
4775_winter_2009-10_229.jpg

He got one!!!! The total surprise on his face just kills me. :lol:
4775_winter_2009-10_230.jpg

After the surprise wore off, he immediately turned smug and was totally confident in his hunting skills. :cool:
4775_winter_2009-10_231.jpg

redtailgal

Reaction score
lol daisy chick...........that was cute. I needed a chuckle and your mighty hunter gave me just that!

Latest posts