Photos of goats, various stages of preg?

Mrs1885

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
From the rear. Dear God, please don't let something happen to me in public before I delete this photo. My mother would be mortified. Lol

Attachments

• 20190226_082757.jpg
    20190226_082757.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 94

Mrs1885

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Standing over her

Attachments

• 20190226_082806.jpg
    20190226_082806.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 101

Mrs1885

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Lol. Yep I'm afraid so. Any idea what signs I need to watch for to bring her to her own birthing suite? :/ We are setting up a room and fenced yard for her today.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
She will probably become friendlier or will go off by herself, don't stress about her, feed her well, provide fresh water.....hay.......just go with the flow.
When was her last CDT shot done ?
Every one of my girls are diffrent, lol, some have been dram queens and some kid like nonthing...her lady parts don't look like anything is going to happen at this moment....watch for puffy, some lubrication or discharge, do you know how to check ligaments ? ......maby you will just get a surprise one morning, lol.....just don't stress, these goats LOVE to play doe code with you....

Last edited:

Mrs1885

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
She hasn't had a CDT since she was a baby and she's three now. Guessing I should vax everyone really. Have never checked ligaments myself but did a lot of reading and watched videos of births.

Should I leave her with the herd until she delivers or move her when we see discharge? She is nust SO little that even at 3 years I'm scared to death she will have complications.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I would get the CDT done, don't worry about delivery....your not there yet.....
I would let her live normally like she has until you know you have feet ready to arrive.
One of my kids i had bought was pregnant at three months old...i stressed, worried, pulled my hair out, thought i was going to loose her...
I walked past her laying quietly by the play table, noticed a little clear discharge...so i picked her up and brought her to the kidding pen....within 30 minuts she had Hope...they are both on my avatar .....
Nature is amazing, :hugs

Mrs1885

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I would get the CDT done, don't worry about delivery....your not there yet.....
I would let her live normally like she has until you know you have feet ready to arrive.
One of my kids i had bought was pregnant at three months old...i stressed, worried, pulled my hair out, thought i was going to loose her...
I walked past her laying quietly by the play table, noticed a little clear discharge...so i picked her up and brought her to the kidding pen....within 30 minuts she had Hope...they are both on my avatar .....
Nature is amazing, :hugs
I would have lost my mind and had her admitted at the vet lol. I'm a sick wreck over this. I had wanted babies but I guess I wanted them to magically appear without ours being pregnant. I guess I've heard too many horror stories. :) Your babies are gorgeous.

Thanks everyone. I'll grab vaccines today and run around stabbing everyone this afternoon. Lol

Latest posts