Physical pregnancy signs?

CapraCurry

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Haha, I just realized Casanova got in the picture! He's actually separated from them when I'm not around to watch what he's up to. He usually is out running with our Jacobs ewes for company, or sometimes with my steer. Sometimes I feel he craves real, goat on goat attention so I let him out with the 2 does under supervision. He's coming out of rut right now so he's actually pleasant to be around at the moment and isn't trying to hump them every chance he gets. Its nice to see him spar and graze with the girls without stressing them (they run from him when he's in rut and they arent in heat otherwise). I can assure you that the only times Bella was allowed to be bred was during her last heat on October 28th and October 29th.
I'm taking your advice- Just sent a blood sample from both to the lab to be bioPRYN'd. The story of pulling blood on a goat for the first time...well, that comes another day :rolleyes:

CapraCurry

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
image.jpeg
We'll have I got news, what a surprise! Turns out both of the girls were pregnant, according to the BioPRYN. I never had Asteria formally bred so it must mean that around that time somehow someway Casanova got to her. Interesting! I'll have to ask the other students (there's two other people who manage the goats and sheep with me) if they have any ideas. Anywho, thanks for the great advice guys. Guess it goes to show that different goats show signs completely differently.

CapraCurry

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Spoke with the other students and they said there was one time late October that Casanova "accidentally" got out while Asteria was in heat. Welp. I suppose accidents happen but I wish I had known xD