Pics from my weekend off

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Kute Kitten, Peanut, a SIL, and I went to another SIL in Iowa over the weekend. I left DH home for chores and milking and the same with the SIL I took with. :D

There is a windmill farm going up around the SIL and he DH's place. These will produce electricity and I guess it is coming up to WI.

Windmill
windmill.jpg

Row of windmills
RowofWindmills.jpg

Windmill on the ground waiting to go up. the 3 blades are over 100 ton when combined.
Windmillonground.jpg

Look how big the "head" of these things are.
Windmillhead.jpg

There is 3 generators in there.

Here's what the weather was like when we left.
Iowaon10-26-2008.jpg

The thing the picture doesn't show well is the wind! 50-55 miles an hour!

Scenes of the Mississippi River.
Mississippi1.jpg

Mississippi.jpg

There is a lot of this to be done yet!
Combining10-25-2008.jpg

Normally, they are all done by now but, the corn is not drying down. We even saw soybeans left to be combined.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
wow those are some great pics.they are building wind farms here in west texas now.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Yes, that's snow! It didn't stay and only had stayed on the grass but, it's a sign of what's to come. Funny thing is closer to home we got that stuff turned into sleet and then rain-we were headed north and got home just about dark!

amyquilt

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I love Wisconsin!! My dh was born there, but grew up in western IL. All of his family on his mother's side still lives up there and I just love when we get up there to visit. I hate to have to leave!