20180407_094424.jpg

Attachments

• 20180407_094349.jpg
    20180407_094349.jpg
    457.2 KB · Views: 316

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Its suppose to be an Angus as well. I think some can have white in their face. Doesnt really matter to me. Shes my favorite just because shes different.

Rammy

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
They are probably angus but the one with the white face has something else in it. Either hereford or maybe simmental. They are known as black white face or "black baldies" but are a composite. They are supposed to grow a little better as a composite breed than most straight bred animals. Think hybrid vigor. Purebred angus do not have white on their face and actually cannot have any white forward of the "belly button" and then only on the underside and perhaps a little on the udder. Unless you are breeding purebred and selling them with papers, it really doesn't matter for raising them for meat.

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Your probably right. She is a little bigger than the other two. The other two have some brown or red on them so Im sure they are not purebred. Doesnt matter as you said since they are being raised for meat and two will be taken to auction this fall.
The one that escaped, if you read that post, escaped from my neighbors place when a tree branch fell on the fence. She is in with this guys cows. So my neighbor is going to get her back when the guy next door cuts some of his and she is going bye bye.
She is just too wild. Will let someone else deal with her.

Rammy

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
AGREE, ship her asap and be done. We do not keep any fence jumpers or "high - headed" cattle as they will teach all the rest to be that way. I always like to give them a chance as they sometimes have just had a traumatic experience. But, the older I get the less tolerant I am. If that neighbor is getting some of his in to ship to market, then just let him take her on with his and have him put her in your name. Give him something for hauling and don't even worry about your neighbor having to deal with her. If he is going to cut out some of his but not ship them, then I agree, let the neighbor get her on the trailer and not get off til she is in the stockyards. Give him something fair for taking care of her and transporting her and be done.
If the others have some brown or reddish in them then they could very well have some other blood in them besides angus. Or they could be a little vitamin deficient, as that will cause hair coats to be reddish sometimes. Make sure they are getting minerals along with a salt block, or use a mineral mix that has salt in it. They will grow better if they have the needed minerals.

Latest posts