Pics of my LGDs

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
I sprawl out in the dirt to brush mine. They lay down and I brush all I can, roll them over, brush more, they stand up, I brush the ruff of fur on their butt, they immediately sit down, thwarting my efforts.
Yeah, Ben doesn't like that either...maybe feels too vulnerable. :D

If I don't brush him while he's eating, he'll sit down so I can't brush his butt and flanks. So, I take advantage of his chowing down to brush him all over. He really hates it when I flock his fur, though...I know it can't be painful but maybe it just feels funny? :hu

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I put my hand under Maisey's belly to hold her up while I brush her hind quarters but she still limits how much she will tolerate. :) I can't brush her till she is done eating or she will stop eating. She also won't start eating until she has what she considers an adequate amount of petting. This morning I petted her for awhile and then went to clean out the water trough for the ram lambs. I went back into the stall and she was laying there by her bowl waiting for me to sit down beside her so she could finish eating. :) I have put her bowl down and went to do something else but when I come back, the bowl hasn't been touched since she was waiting for her human.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love that about these dogs....that patience and also the priorities are observed. Ben's the same way....if he can get attention he'll ignore the food. Sometimes he will stop eating while I brush, but I just keep brushing and finally he'll resume his eating.

Ben's very polite about his food and will step back if I have to mess with it and even gave the new pup his food when he didn't understand the hierarchy here...but I soon taught the pup his place on that. I love it that these big dogs are not food aggressive...no WAY I'd tolerate it.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
BJ is the gourmet dog food chef here. I can offal for the dogs, he splits a quart jar between the 3 of them, mixed with their kibble. He stirs it, a little hot water, sometimes milk, and feeds each dog while talking baby talk to them. LOL When I have meat grease, I make dog gravy. They like that too.

Hipshot

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I own the filthiest dog . Can we have a filthy dog contest :lol: Joe is white I know he's white .I've seen him white . Dirty gray is his natural color :) I build a manure pile just so they can roll on it :idunnoAnd when it comes to what they drag up ,well the deader the better :sick And you know that dog the one that just has to roll all over whatever they find dead . Yeah well I got one of those too:thAnd Buzzards aren't allowed here . If something dies.I either have to bury it real deep or burn it in a brush pile .I just can't understand why deer hunters can't find their kill .:idunno My dogs don't have a bit of trouble finding it :lol: I didn't know they made easy boots for cows . I do now :lol: Used to be I walked hay fields for sticks and limbs along the edges . Now I walk the middle for bones feed bowls and buckets toys
boots and shoes .I can't figure where they found it .:idunno

Latest posts