Pictures of my cows

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
20180412_172955.jpg
20180412_172924.jpg
Here are some pictures taken today of my cows. They are both Red Devon breed, at least that's what the sellers told us.

Mama Bertie is the older bigger one. We call her mama because when we got her we also got a 2 mo old calf on the same day but from another seller. The calf followed her around like she's the mother. And a few times when the calf accidentally escaped the fence, mama Bertie was pacing all over and kept mooing for the calf. In fact that's how we know the calf escaped.

Scaper is the smaller one, she's about a year old. She got the name Scaper because she'd escaped the fence a few times.

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
They are pretty! I’m not very familiar with Red Devon’s. The farm you got them from may have some suggestions on getting purebred semen if you want to go that route...you may also be able to search “Red Devon Semen.”

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
I did find some Red Devon cattle farms in NY and i had emailed them about selling the red Devon semen. Haven't heard anything back yet. Also found one in Indiana who advertised on Red Devon USA website.

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
We really didn't know anything or even heard about Red Devon before we bought ours. We saw both ads on Craigslist one day and the price was right. We did a quick search and read about Red Devon and decided to get them.