Pine shavings

Hannalinds

Just born
Reaction score
We have 6 day old goats, whom we are currently bottle feeding. I put pine shavings in their nesting/sleeping area and they are nibbling and eating the pine shavings. Is this dangerous, especially at their age? They still have their imbelical cords.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have 6 day old goats, whom we are currently bottle feeding. I put pine shavings in their nesting/sleeping area and they are nibbling and eating the pine shavings. Is this dangerous, especially at their age? They still have their imbelical cords.
Lots of people use pine shavings for goats beding,... personally I prefer spent hay for newborns beding.....I don't think they will nibble enough to hurt them, :)

Hannalinds

Just born
Reaction score
Lots of people use pine shavings for goats beding,... personally I prefer spent hay for newborns beding.....I don't think they will nibble enough to hurt them, :)
Thank you!!! I was really worried about it. They are so young I have them in the house and we already had the pine shavings from our rabbits.

Hannalinds

Just born
Reaction score
You and me both! The first animal my husband kind of freaked about was our first pig...indoor mini pig 🤣..and us keeping four puppies out of our 6 litter french bulldogs. Then the chickens and rabbits lol!

Latest posts