Planning rabbit colony, your opinions?

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I started off with Flemish Giants and a Champagne so even the 16 guage was tough on them.
Use what you have if it works for you. One of my doors is covered with the small weave I call rat wire, another hutch most of it is covered in 1/2". Costs too much to waste.

CloverHollow05

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
As far as I can see it should be fine. Since you have rabbits on this wire already, it sounds like it would be a good option. As long as the poop can fall through it then go for it. Also, I use plastic guards in my cages too, that gives them something else to be on, and I have not had any sore hops since using them now almost on 3 years. But I am always a fan of using material I have when possible. I hope that works well for you.
Wonderful! Thank you!

CloverHollow05

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I started off with Flemish Giants and a Champagne so even the 16 guage was tough on them.
Use what you have if it works for you. One of my doors is covered with the small weave I call rat wire, another hutch most of it is covered in 1/2". Costs too much to waste.
Ohhh ok. Yep, gotta use every bit you can! Thank you for your help!

Cotton*wood

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
If you have time, you might check out auctions. I was at a small livestock auction the other day, and there was an enormous pile of wire cages that sold for about $2/cage.