Planting Pasture with Browse?

For the Love of Dirt

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
We are working on getting pigs too, and I am planning the cattle, but they are probably a lot farther off in the future than everything else, probably 5+ yrs. They aren't as high on my list of priorities. Definitely planning on moving my chickens (when I find them) through the pastures as well as my turkeys though. And I actually just looked up those trees, they are Bradford pears, and I read they are safe for rabbits, so I'll chop em, de-thorn em, and save em for the buns! And back on the Kudzu, I'll try it in one area first, and if it does take over to the point that rotating the goats doesn't control it enough I can always leave them in that one paddock until they kill it off. And I like the arched trellis idea, that can double as shade for them and I may also do that with some honey suckle. And I know this won't completely eradicate the chance of worms, but if it can decrease the load, I'm all for it.

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
To keep the arched trellis alive, you will have to block off the bottom or they will eat it off at the roots. I was thinking 3 T-posts and a straight cow panel, maybe 3 of them, side by side or in a row.

Look on BYH for Cotton Patch geese.

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
To keep the arched trellis alive, you will have to block off the bottom or they will eat it off at the roots. I was thinking 3 T-posts and a straight cow panel, maybe 3 of them, side by side or in a row.

Look on BYH for Cotton Patch geese.
That's one of the best strategies to keep it safe, you can surely do that so you can keep it safe. :fl :fl :fl