Plants rabbit can/won't eat

Spring Flower

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I'm planning on renovating my walk in rabbit cage. I have a area or two that I think some flowers or some type of plant like that would look nice in. I am going to grow grass over a majority of the cage. So does anyone know of a plant that either they won't eat or a plant that can keep up with there nibbling?

Thanks.
Oh it doesn't have to flower as long as it's nice looking and can tolerate some abuse.

Miss mouse

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I wouldn’t risk putting something they shouldn’t eat in there in case they aren’t smart enough to know and get sick.
how many rabbits will be in the space? That will help determine how fast they will eat something

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ugh old thread... but
My outdoor rabbit pen has wood chips/mulch leftover from wood cutting. No plants are left after 2 does lived there for the summers. It's 12' x 16' I think.

MiniGoatsRule

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
What you could do is put up those shrubbery cages around some good looking plants and customize them (chicken wire, hog wire, build your own, etc.) so rabbits can't get through or get stuck in.

mystang89

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I know this is a bit old but thought these links might help. They did for me when I was doing rabbits.