playing together

johny2hats

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
hi nall i just wondered if it is ok to let my two bucks out for a run in my garden at the same time or will they fight it is a very large area about 60 sqm and veey rabbit proof im just thinkin they may fight what do people think
regards matt;);)

whitelady

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Not sure; I guess some of it would depend on the personalities of the rabbits, but I personally would assume they would fight. If you were to let them out together, I would have them separated by a fence or just keep an eye on them(preferably both.)

jas

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
You might want to try to put their cages together first for a while. Let them get used to each other first. Then try to give them supervised visitation.

johny2hats

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
well they did not get along bit like puttin a cat and dog together:(:(:(:(

a7736100

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Given months they may learn to respect each other. I have rabbits that fought as soon as both were out of cages. After many fights they know they're evenly matched so now they try to avoid each other when both are running free. They are a little scarred but I don't have to stop fights any more.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
With two intact bucks, I would think the only question would be, "how many of you will come out of this bleeding; one, two, or all three?" :hide

They say good fences make good neighbors. I think that peace of mind would best be achieved by only letting these boys out, one at a time, or in separate pens (although I did have a young buck that had his tail bitten off by the crank in the cage next door . . . .

johny2hats

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
yes i think one at a time is the best solusion as i only have one free run