Please be careful

GrassFarmerGalloway

Melts for all babies
Reaction score
Imissmygirls said:
GFG, if we succeed in making you think about it, we are content. Tractors are not toys, regardless of the John Deere mystique.

We built this house into the only bad hill on the farm. Pop was glad to be rid of it.
My dad never gave me the chance to think tractors as toys. And we don't use John Deere.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
GrassFarmerGalloway said:
Imissmygirls said:
GFG, if we succeed in making you think about it, we are content. Tractors are not toys, regardless of the John Deere mystique.

We built this house into the only bad hill on the farm. Pop was glad to be rid of it.
My dad never gave me the chance to think tractors as toys. And we don't use John Deere.
Good for your Dad! Tractors are a great piece of equipment on the farm but, they need to be treated with proper respect as does all farm equipment.

GrassFarmerGalloway

Melts for all babies
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
GrassFarmerGalloway said:
Imissmygirls said:

Good for your Dad! Tractors are a great piece of equipment on the farm but, they need to be treated with proper respect as does all farm equipment.
Yes, he is a wonderful Dad, and I am proud to be his child. I'll tell him you said that, by the way. :)

Scout

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
thewife said:
Hubbys favorite line is "it'll be fine!"
When ever he says that, I cringe!

My ex lost an uncle to a tractor roll over, years ago. Even though it would take a lot to roll my tractor over, I freak out on any kind of slope!
I've rolled a tractor once (new land I wasn't used to, aparently there was a ditch I ran into or somethin) ended up in the hospital for a LONG time, broke a rib and it shot thru one of my lungs, not to mention almost every bone in my body was broke, I was in a coma for about a week my folks said, it cracked my skull open. So I still cringe goin over any tiny little slope, hole, or whatever, and I've been doin this stuff my entire life.

My Great great Grandpa brought the first John Deere's to Oklahoma, just thought I'd share LOL.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Lost another one over this past weekend. A 52 year old man.

Monroe County Sheriff Dennis Pedersen says the man was working with his 59-year-old girlfriend to get a piece of equipment set up to disc a field. The man was between the equipment and the tractor and his girlfriend was on the tractor. The sheriff says he got caught and was backed over.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
you can tell panting season is here.alot of injuries an deaths.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
yes i think fall chopping is 3x as bad.because every1 is in a hurry to get the corn crop in.

Imissmygirls

Lonley for cows
Reaction score
Farmers are gettign fewer and fewer without all these accidents.
Remind me never to get between my man and his implements.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
A 14 year old was killed this last weekend.

Her 16 year old brother was pulling, with a skidsteer, a tractor that wouldn't start. She was driving the tractor. Both the skidsteer and the tractor over turned. She was pinned under the tractor and died instantly. Her brother is fine.

Please be careful and don't have the kids doing things that they shouldn't be doing.