Please be careful

mully

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Farm life can hurt you or worse. Years ago i saw a movie about a boy that got caught under a moving tractor and ever since I think about that when I hop on the tractor. Be careful everyone !!

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Recently the feed store guy told of us some guy that got caught in the PTO. I guess he survived, but got beat up pretty bad.

If I have to get off the tractor for any reason anymore, I just shut the whole thing down!

Of course then I forget to turn PTO to "off" position and sit there like an idiot wondering why the tractor won't start up again!
(it's gotta be the blond polish thing)

Imissmygirls

Lonley for cows
Reaction score
This post gets bumped to the top way too many times, but if it makes us think before we do something--YYEEAAAHHH!

Re: PTO's My mom always insisted Pop's overalls were pure cotton instead of the longwearing blends. The Reason? Cotton will tear if caught, the blends are too strong and won't rip. She'd rather mend a rip than have him lose a limb if caught in a PTO or other moving machine part.
Once in his later years, he actually did have a pants leg ripped off when it caught in an elevator.
Something to think about!

lupinfarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Be careful with horses too, although your family horse might not mean bad... a playful horse is not a horse to have your back to in a field. Earlier this summer our pony got a bit of wind under wings and was rather hyper and almost hit me when she bucked away from the gate.

jhm47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
When I was in high school (more years ago than most of you have been alive), one of our neighbors got caught in a PTO while he was grinding hay for another neighbor. He was wearing a heavy parka, and according to witnesses, it was estimated that he went around and around for about three hours. There was nothing recognizable of the body, except the part that was still in the parka. He was a very big strong man, and one of the toughest men I have ever met, but tractor horsepower and PTO will win every time. BE CAREFUL!

Latest posts