Please give me your opinion!!!

Piggly Wiggly πŸ–

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
So as some people might know I'm getting a new potbelly pig. So I need your opinion on quite a few things. As some of you might also know I went to see what I thought would be my pig yesterday. So come to find out it wasn't she mixed two of the pigs up. Now I would get it but then ahe sent a picture of our piglet. The piglet has no white on the shoulders and black on the nose. This doesn't even look like the pictures she sent previously. Here are the pictures she sent previously and the pics of the pig she states is ours.
Screenshot_2021-07-07-21-28-50~2.png
Screenshot_2021-07-07-21-28-47~2.png

And here ia the piglet she is stating is ours:
Screenshot_2021-07-12-18-18-01.png

Do those look like the same pig???? I have a feeling she sent us pics previously of the pig we saw yesterday. And for refference here is pictures of the other pig (witch is already reserved already btw):
Screenshot_2021-07-12-18-20-24.png
Screenshot_2021-07-12-18-20-39.png

What I need your opinion on is do I have the right to be mad? And I am going to go see our actual piglet Friday. So if I don't like him I was going to ask to get one of the speckled piglets for the smae price as him. Btw he is $250 and the speckled ones are $300. I also wanted to add we already put a $50 down payment down on the piglet. So I was wondering if that sounded fair. I want an outside opinion because I am pretty pissed and upset. Just give me your honest opinion please!

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Honestly to me it looks like the same piglet. One picture shows a white marking on shoulder and the other that doesnt is the other shoulder i could be wrong but the other issues is one set clear and the other is blurry. Honestly if you get there and its not the piglet try to be calm. It could be she sent the wrong picture or she could have gotten mixed up piglets. But my question is that a normal price for a potbelly in your area in mine they go for 50$ or less.

Piggly Wiggly πŸ–

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Here is another picture where you can clearly see that he doesn't have any white on either side of him.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-07-12-21-28-04.png
    Screenshot_2021-07-12-21-28-04.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 137

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not only white on shoulders BUT....a fully white / pink nose and other has upper half of nose black, lower white. Different pig. Simple. Even seller knows that...

So, same sex? 😁 That would be funny.

I would suggest another at no price increase or deposit back and walk. She knows! Just trying to sell them all and screwed up. There's always another pig for sale.
Watched some Juliana's go for $15 each at auction this past weekend. :idunno

Piggly Wiggly πŸ–

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Not only white on shoulders BUT....a fully white / pink nose and other has upper half of nose black, lower white. Different pig. Simple. Even seller knows that...

I would suggest another at no price increase or deposit back and walk. She knows! Just trying to sell them all and screwed up. There's always another pig for sale.
I have been to quite a few auctions without finding a potbelly. So I decided to just buy one full price. I'm going to go look at one she still has available. If I don't like him then I'm going to ask if I can have a speckled one for the same $250 price. I feel like the one that is available is a bit expensive. He is the smallest obviously the runt. And the mother is a rescue so not alot of info on the father or the moms health history. But I just decided to get one, since I have been looking a long time. She is selling the black and white ones like the ones pictured above at $250, the "tri-colored" ones at $350 (there just white with black polka dots, and some brassy color at some spots), and polka dotted ones at $300.

Piggly Wiggly πŸ–

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score

I have been to quite a few auctions without finding a potbelly. So I decided to just buy one full price. I'm going to go look at one she still has available. If I don't like him then I'm going to ask if I can have a speckled one for the same $250 price. I feel like the one that is available is a bit expensive. He is the smallest obviously the runt. And the mother is a rescue so not alot of info on the father or the moms health history. But I just decided to get one, since I have been looking a long time. She is selling the black and white ones like the ones pictured above at $250, the "tri-colored" ones at $350 (there just white with black polka dots, and some brassy color at some spots), and polka dotted ones at $300.

Piggly Wiggly πŸ–

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
And yes they are both males.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Definitely different pigs, as Mini pointed out you can easily tell by the noses alone. My personal opinion is I would ask for a refund and walk away, of course I would never pay that price for a potbelly let alone a rescued potbelly's piglets with unknown father. These are not quality carfeully bred pet pigs these are most likely mutts she is trying to make a quick buck on.

Not saying she is a bad person but just the pricing alone indicates she is after money. We got our original 2 speckled/spotted julianna piglets for $25...for two! Pot belly pigs are given away free here pretty often, mini pigs are often found for under $50. Have you tried looking on craigslist or FB for a breeding in your area one who is actually breeding pet pigs on purpose?

If you decide to stick with it and get a piglet from this lady, why should she give you a piglet she could make more money on because she sent the wrong picture of a black one? I mean that logic makes no sense to me. What does make sense to me is either you get the piglet you saw in person when you visited or you get the other black one she sent pics of. :idunno

As mentioned I wouldnt be buying any of them but thats my personal choice.

Piggly Wiggly πŸ–

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Definitely different pigs, as Mini pointed out you can easily tell by the noses alone. My personal opinion is I would ask for a refund and walk away, of course I would never pay that price for a potbelly let alone a rescued potbelly's piglets with unknown father. These are not quality carfeully bred pet pigs these are most likely mutts she is trying to make a quick buck on.

Not saying she is a bad person but just the pricing alone indicates she is after money. We got our original 2 speckled/spotted julianna piglets for $25...for two! Pot belly pigs are given away free here pretty often, mini pigs are often found for under $50. Have you tried looking on craigslist or FB for a breeding in your area one who is actually breeding pet pigs on purpose?

If you decide to stick with it and get a piglet from this lady, why should she give you a piglet she could make more money on because she sent the wrong picture of a black one? I mean that logic makes no sense to me. What does make sense to me is either you get the piglet you saw in person when you visited or you get the other black one she sent pics of. :idunno

As mentioned I wouldnt be buying any of them but thats my personal choice.
As I mentionex before I have looked at other places. I have been looking gor over a year. I live in the upstate NY area. They are going for so much because people want them but not alot of prople sell them. I have been to many auctions and I have been looking on FB. I actually found him there. I don't know if anyone knows of anyone in my area that sells potbellies, but I can't gind anyone. I had a potbelly quite a few years ago and I got her for $90. I just have been looking for a long time so when I saw him I jumped on the opportunity. If somthing else comes up for cheaper than I'll go with that option but I havnt. I originally had somone that was selling piglets for $150 but my piglet I was supposed to get died. So I don't know. :idunno

Latest posts