Please give me your opinion!!!

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
My thoughts are, that if you feel pissed off at this breeder, then you should run, not walk, away. Even without your deposit if necessary. You’re losing way more than $50 by buying such an overpriced piglet. And if you are getting red flags that you ignore, it’s possible that you could wind up with a lot more expense and heartache.

It doesn’t hurt to go and look at the actual piglet that is reserved for you, or any of the other ones that are available. If you have no reservations about the breeder after that, then you could buy whichever piglet you like best.

If you want to negotiate a lower price, play that by ear. They do sound overpriced, but if those are the prices she’s getting for her pigs, then I wouldn’t expect her to budge much. Negotiate in a friendly manner. I don’t think her photo error is grounds for her “owing” you a discount. If you just get dishonest vibes from her and don’t trust her, then don’t buy any pig from her. Period.

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Update:
I saw him today, and let me tell you he was sooo sweet! The lady got him for us and let me hold him. When she picked him up he squealed a little, it wasn't even a squealing scream. When I held him he kept nudging my neck with his nose, scooting himself up to get closer to me, and he loved being pet. I'll keep you updated I'll be getting him in a week or so. The lady was also very nice, she answered all my questions (including what food I should give him), and when she heard we were goibg to harness train him she offered to try her best to train him. Oh and she asked for a name and said she would start calling him that. Btw I decided on the name Dozer! I'm so excited! 😁
This is a quote from your other thread. I just saw it now, and hadn’t seen it before I posted my above post in this thread.

Now I’m thinking she sounds like an ideal breeder, and maybe there isn’t any reason to mistrust her other than she had a mixup. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I hope everything works out well for you and for the piggies.