Please help- CRITTER UPDATE

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
If I was closer I would help her find a goat that is healthy. When I bought my first ones I had no clue what to look for. While they aren't perfectly healthy (+ CL blood test) they did not have worms, bad teeth, lice, bad feet, CAE, or any of the other things I would look for now. It can be a hard learning experience for sure. Were I to do it again, I would test first and buy second.

I am so sorry, I know it breaks your heart. That guy is a jerk to be sure, but that doesn't make it any easier for you. :hugs

Our7Wonders

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
At the very least I'd be sure to send him a copy of the vets report - certified mail so you know he receives it. I don't think I could handle a face to face meeting with him but I'd want to be certain he knew you got positive results on them - especially since he said you were over-reacting initially.

I still think I'd insist he took them back or threaten civil suit.

I'm so sorry, it's a shame there are people out there like him. :hugs

SDGsoap&dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Our7Wonders said:
At the very least I'd be sure to send him a copy of the vets report - certified mail so you know he receives it. I don't think I could handle a face to face meeting with him but I'd want to be certain he knew you got positive results on them - especially since he said you were over-reacting initially.
Yeah, on the very, very slight chance the seller wasn't lying but in total denial about his herd's health status he should see conclusive tests. He's probably well aware and just unethical, but I'd want to show proof before walking away. Maybe he didn't expect you to shell out for the tests and will change his tune when confronted with them. Doubtful, but I'd still be tempted to do so. I'd also be sharing my experience with the locals, personally. It's not slander if you have proof.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
n.smithurmond said:
Our7Wonders said:
Yeah, on the very, very slight chance the seller wasn't lying but in total denial about his herd's health status he should see conclusive tests. He's probably well aware and just unethical, but I'd want to show proof before walking away. Maybe he didn't expect you to shell out for the tests and will change his tune when confronted with them. Doubtful, but I'd still be tempted to do so. I'd also be sharing my experience with the locals, personally. It's not slander if you have proof.

damummis

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
So Farmer Ben called back. I told him about the vet visit. He insists my vet is a quack, he uses the state vet. There was nothing wrong with "those animals". It must have come from my farm......yada, yada, yada.

Well, I introduced ol' farmer ben (doesn't deserve capitals) to the Redheaded Italian Aries. I used all of his lines on him. He was fuming. "You said you wanted me to be happy, right. Make me happy. Come get your animals and give me my money back." "You said you want me to tell everyone how happy I am and where I go my animals, right? Come get your animals and give me my money back and I will keep my mouth shut, cause I am sure you don't want me to tell everyone where I got my sick animals. Craigslist works both ways you know."

When I was done, I walked out to two girls with pillows over their faces laughing their butts off. "Wow, mom. Didn't know you had it in you."

SDGsoap&dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Came from YOUR farm?!! Ok first, you didn't have any goats or sheep previously. Second HE SAID THAT HIS GOATS GET "CYSTS" ALL THE TIME! They're "splinters," but he already admitted that. :rant :somad Third, I'll bet $10 those vets use the same freaking lab.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
damummis said:
So Farmer Ben called back. I told him about the vet visit. He insists my vet is a quack, he uses the state vet. There was nothing wrong with "those animals". It must have come from my farm......yada, yada, yada.

Well, I introduced ol' farmer ben (doesn't deserve capitals) to the Redheaded Italian Aries. I used all of his lines on him. He was fuming. "You said you wanted me to be happy, right. Make me happy. Come get your animals and give me my money back." "You said you want me to tell everyone how happy I am and where I go my animals, right? Come get your animals and give me my money back and I will keep my mouth shut, cause I am sure you don't want me to tell everyone where I got my sick animals. Craigslist works both ways you know."

When I was done, I walked out to two girls with pillows over their faces laughing their butts off. "Wow, mom. Didn't know you had it in you."
GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

:clap