Please help! Ewe is driving me crazy!

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
So sorry that he didn't make it.

No matter what happens, this is a learning experience. All experience is good experience whether it is a pleasant one or not. Next time it happens, if it does, you will remember this, recognize the symptoms, and be on top of it immediately. And you will be able to give Bo-Se to your next set of lambs. You might want to give a booster to the first lamb even though he has not shown any problems.

Remember to Bo-Se the ewes a month before lambing next season. Minerals are a great addition to their diet but a shot of Bo-Se if you know you are in a Selenium poor area, with Selenium poor pasture or hay, guarantees that the pregnant ewes get what they need for lambing. Lack of Selenium can cause lambing problems in addition to weak lambs.

Good luck with the other lambs.

Hufflesheep

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
So sorry that he didn't make it.

No matter what happens, this is a learning experience. All experience is good experience whether it is a pleasant one or not. Next time it happens, if it does, you will remember this, recognize the symptoms, and be on top of it immediately. And you will be able to give Bo-Se to your next set of lambs. You might want to give a booster to the first lamb even though he has not shown any problems.

Remember to Bo-Se the ewes a month before lambing next season. Minerals are a great addition to their diet but a shot of Bo-Se if you know you are in a Selenium poor area, with Selenium poor pasture or hay, guarantees that the pregnant ewes get what they need for lambing. Lack of Selenium can cause lambing problems in addition to weak lambs.

Good luck with the other lambs.

Thank you! 💙
You corroborated my vets advice as well, which makes me feel very optimistic my future will be brighter (at least in terms of selenium issues ;) )