PLEASE HELP! Injured goat! PICS ADDED!

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
You can give up to 3 shots of Banamine and it shouldn't cause a problem. Alpacas are notorious for stomach ulcers and problems and a study was done on them to see how much Banamine would be safe. They found that 3 shots, once a day, causes no problems. Dosage 1cc per 100 lbs.

Rilly10

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
UPDATE- The vet came out and gave her Banamine, a furazone wrap on the leg, a tetanus booster, and sulfa tabs (1 pill 2x/day for 5 days).

He said she does look rather wormy so Weds she will get a second dose of Valbazen to clear up any immature worms it the first round did not get (the first dose was last Sunday).

I also went to TSC and got some Noble goat and BOSS which I will start giving them once everything with her leg settles down as I don't want to shock her system or stress her anymore than I have to.

Thanks so much for everyone who helped!

Rilly10

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Oh and as a funny side note my vets wife came over with her blue heeler and Clemintine (the paint who does not have the injury) kept charging and head butting the fence where the dog was! She has never done that to my dogs! It was like she was protecting Matilda (or just being a pisser LOL!).

Latest posts