Please help why are my bunnies acting aggressive all of the sudden????? One of them bit me today!!!

samssimonsays

Milo & Me Hoppy Tail Acres
Reaction score
somewhere in the Northern region of Minnesota
What if it is just one doe by herself? She gets handled everyday.
Hormones usually as well. Don't let her win. A doe will have hormonal influxes causing aggression occasionally when they want to be bred.

I don't like using physical discipline with rabbits as it usually makes it worse BUT I had one that never respected me until she was latched on to tightly to my arm I had to have a punching match with her to get her to let go. She was a French lop weighing in at 15 pounds and I was DESPERATE to get her to let go.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
I will tell her. I thought that she just wanted to be bred. Thank you Samantha drawz. You are a rabbit expert.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
What if it is just one doe by herself? She gets handled everyday.

She only weighs 2 1/2 pounds so not much meat;). And plus she is a pet.

Ah, the "dragon rabbit" syndrome. Is she just as bad outside the cage as in? Some can be snotty and try to be dominant inside their own space, but sweet as can be when you get them out of it. But whatever the situation, she can't be allowed to think that she calls the shots, so - hands high in the cage, coming at her from above, not below, submissive behavior gets rewarded, and cranky does not gets its way.

I'm afraid I've had a few does "vote themselves out of the gene pool" by this kind of behavior - I have seen worse, much worse, and I know a certain amount of personality can be inherited; I don't ever want to be responsible for real nastiness happening to a small child.

EmilyClick28

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Wow really??? Ok well just today i separated them and noticed they immediately became all sweet again and their normal selves. and they have gotten back to normal again and are letting me pet them so its looking great! :) and wow thanks for the tips on how to handle agressiveness!!! :) thank you SO much this helped a lot! yeah i think they really just needed their own space. they do love eachother but yeah i think they did NOT like being in that tiny cage. yeah if i have any more problems with them i'll be sure to let u guys know! :) thanks for all the help!!!!