Please post those sheep pictures here

jenn

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
ewefirst--
Your pics never loaded. I am hoping to get pics of my ladies and gent before they get sheered tomorrow. I have suffolk and texel cross.

So stay tuned for the before and after pics. :bun

jenn

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Well here are the before but the after will have to wait because they are really spazzing out!!! :weee

HPIM1497.jpg

Maggie has the all black head and to the left of her facing the other way is Freckles with the spotted head. The weather-Burger is beside Maggie. Can you find the goat??? Where's Donny??? :bun

I can't believe how skinny they look now!! :ep
And the two ewes are preg! :thumbsup

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think that is another reason I like the hair sheep. You can see how fat they are at all times...those wooly coats sure can hide a lot of faults when you go to buy a sheep. :p

justusnak

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hey Jenn, may I ask you a few questions!? I see you are in Michigan, right? Why would you sheer them this late in the year!? Wont the get pretty cold this winter? Mine are pretty wooly, however, I am leaving the wool untill early April, right before lambing....and then I will only clip around the teets and birthing area. Also, you said they are preggers? So early? When will they lamb? I am hopeing mine will breed in November, for April lambing.
They are BEAUTIFULL sheep...I love the spotted head of Freckles. I think I see a little white goat in there...LOL

jenn

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Well this morning they were a bit more calm. I got this pic when the thought I had more treats. ;) Aren't they pretty?!?! :celebrate Smaller also!!! :ep

HPIM1499.jpg

jenn

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Justusnak-

We wanted to get them sheered because of numerous reasons, they have a years worth of wool and yes it gets cold here but the will be in a pen in our lean to/ garage and we were unsure of their skin condition and how far along for preg. Well they will be lambing in about a week to a couple of weeks. We just bought/ rescued them from a guy that had a ram running with them all summer. And they lambed already in Feb. With figuring the 5 month gestation time they had to have gotten preg in April. We originally didn't want to breed them till this month or next so that we could have "fair lambs". We are new to this and are learning as we go. I really didn't want to sheer them so short but the guy who did them just jumped into it and this is what we got. We figure he knows what he is doing since his family owns the most widely known sheep farm in our area and he has been doing this since he can remember. :thumbsup

justusnak

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Jenn, They look SOoo much more comfortable! LOL Very pretty. I hope the weather co operates, and your lambing goes well! I can't waite to have lambs here. Im sure in 2 or 3 months, they will have nice coats again...and be warm enough with a good shelter. I am so glad you bought/rescued them. They look great!!!

jenn

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks!! The weather here is now warmer than what it was in July. lol :/ They are definitely spunkier. :lol:

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Jenn, they are very pretty! Don't you just want to sink your bare toes in that fluffy hide? They appear to be pretty meaty and in good condition under those big wooly coats. What did you do with the wool?

jenn

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I am going to trade the wool with another native American woman. I gave her the wool from our club lambs. I am unsure of how much these things are really worth. My DH said that he was told at the least $5.00 a pound. What do you think?? I have tried to look it up but there really isn't much on sufflok/texel wool. It is sooooo soft!!!!! Freckles wool is kinky fibers. That is really neat!! ;)