Please post those sheep pictures here

Herd Crazy Lady

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
The sheep section seems slim to start so I thought I'd share a picture of our first lamb of the year to give you all an excuse to post some pretty pictures of your sheep.

This is "Kissin Kouzin" one of our Jacob ewes and her ram lamb "Perseus"

388_kissinkuzinperseus.jpg

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
now that is 1 cute lil lamb.an mom is sure good to take care of her lil lamb.

justusnak

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Just BEAUTIFULL!!
This is my first year with sheep. I was lucky to get Shetlands. 2 Ewes and a young Ram. ( 9 weeks old) The Ewes are a year old..I think. Anyways...meet the crew....
This is April...she is Sooo sweet..and always wanting to get a good scratch under the chin...

22_april.jpg

This is Nelly. SHe too is always wanting a good scratch...I could sit with them for hours..and they always want more...
22_nellyand.jpg

Our newest little one...Sonny Boy.
He was 9 weeks old when I brought him home, and still on the bottle. He gets pellets, pasture, and a few bottles a day still...

22_sonny.jpg

I am totally in love with my little flock..and hopeing they will breed this fall....and give us beautifull babies!

justusnak

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks....I really love them. They are docile..and very friendly. Almost to a fault! When I come out the front door, they run to the fence and bawl...wanting me to come scratch them. Yup, they are spoiled...I ALWAYS make my way to the fence...or sit with them in the paddock. Still trying to get the boy used to me...he is very skittish, even with bottle feeding, I have to catch him. However, once I get him, he grabs onto the bottle like he is starving. His round tummy proves that wrong! LOL

wooly1s

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
We LOVE pictures...Here is one of our favorites from this year:
Our LGD with a grafted triplet...
706_p5270478_medium.jpg

There are lots more on our website...and one of each lamb born this year :clap

sunnygoats

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Here is a pic of one of our sheep just before shearing. Her name is Freckles.
361_sheep_0061dsc_001511.jpg

justusnak

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Freckles is beautifull!!! Is she a Shetland?
We got another little Shetland Ewe. She is just about 3 months old..and very tiny. She was rejected from her mother, and hand raised. Thier vet said she would never make it.....so here is Mary..the tiny lamb.
22_mary2.jpg

The lady I got her from is the one I got all the others from as well...she told Mary she was going to the farm of misfits! LOL
Here is a pic for size comparison...she is tiny.
22_marysmall.jpg

I think she will be BEAUTIFULL when she grows.
unfortunately, being hand raised...and never being around other sheep...she thinks she is part human, and TERRIFIED of the other sheep.

Latest posts