Poka_Doodle's journal

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Is Roy a black and tan coon hound Polka?....he sure is a nice looking dog and I've always thought that the redbone and black and tans were such personable hounds. Sorry to hear about the shin splints...I can certainly identify with ya about that. I used to run cross country and track in high school and experienced them on several occassions....if ya can, it will help to keep from running on hardwood or concrete....grass or dirt is much better for them....we used to use a rub called Atomic Balm it is made by Cramer and tho it gets pretty warm, it will also sooth the pain and irritation of them. It is a shame ya have such sad memories, but focus on the positive of those that have been lost, not the bad or sadness of the losing them. There is alwags sunshine after the rain and ya have to concentrate on the Rainbows that result from the sun shining on the rain as it ends. You have much excitement in your young life and that should lessen the pain of the losses. It certainly isn't what they would want ya to do, but only remember and reflect on the happier times and treasure the memory of the Fun ya had while in their presence. Things will get better as time goes by and enjoy the many things and opportunities that ya are able to experience....I've never been elk hunting before and I am 59yrs old....:)
Roy is a Gorden setter cross with an English setter. I have figured out a way to help my shins though, a roller. It must have been my calves but my shins felt the pain. I totally agree with what you say about the losses. It's always a little sad when those dates role around, but stuff happens, and it is what it is.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
My bad....sometimes it is difficult to tell with just a few pics, but that certainly explains the heavy black and tan markings......:)
You're fine, but yeah he has heavy black and tan markings. He also has a while strip down his chest and a white tip at the end of his tail. Sorta like our old black lab Tippy had.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
If only those people who put you through your pain, and those sleepless nights could know and understand what it's like...

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Let's just say last night was tough...
I had a migraine in the afternoon so I drank ice tea. I then had a race, it went really well and I left my all on the course. By the time I got home I was EXHAUSTED. I tried to go to bed around ten, but couldn't sleep. Around eleven my emotions came out, and I had thoughts about all that happened though the past couple years that WEREN'T okay, but I let them be. And how someone else called me out on something that maybe wasn't the best I've said, but compared to everything else was near nothing. Also how that someone ignored me going through a tough time, but expected I'd be there for them in a similar time (don't think they've realized it yet, but they will have to sometime).
I did get SOME sleep (five and a half hours) and was better today for a scouting trip with the horses. I'm going to TRY and actually sleep some tonight though.