Poka_Doodle's journal

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
So, stock show is coming, in like a week and a half. In this post I'm going to talk about our prep for then. I have eleven birds that I'm bringing. They are eating mostly game bird feed. Also my showmanship hen is getting trained daily with hopes that she will be called to the task. Next Thursday night I'll be bathing the birds and trying to do what I can about frost bite. But that's really it.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
The old "when you say 'next' xxxday do you mean the next one that will occur or the next one that isn't this calendar week?". Always confusing!!

Wash and dry 11 chickens in 1 day?? :th

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry. But next week.

Eleven chickens would be exhausting to wash. I think only five or so will need it, hopefully only two.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
So with all these sports and absolutely no extra time we had have gotten a puppy. Sunday night my dad came home with him. Of course none of us really knew that he would be ours, we just thought he was another patient. So: his name is Roy, he is an Irish setter and we think about four months old. Because of me using a tablet I can only put pictures in my avatar.