Poka_Doodle's journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry about Tippy. I truly believe that you are stronger than you think you are. You take the hits, get up and keep on going. Life will knock you down. You can stay there or get up and get back into living. Life is good. I admire you because you don't stay down feeling sorry for yourself, you get back up. We are always here for you.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Totally true, thank you. I do have to say even though it was hard to hear the reaction I'm still very happy I called him. Years will pass, and we will become who we truly are, and likely may loose touch so we are trying not to while we can.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
So stock show is over and now that we've put our stuff away from that (not). I've started looking ahead at our year and attempting to make a show schedule which I must say actually never happens. Like for a horse show we literary knew about twelve hours ahead of time. But I'm going to try and do a lot of shows so keep checking here to see!

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Geez I'm missing tippy right now, it's hardest to move ahead but that's what must happen. Chores have been lonely lately though I must admit. But she lived a great life and I can't be too disappointed.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Your totally right Micah, I may have never shed a single tear for my cat but man do I keep thinking of him. And tippy, I'm not sure how to put it without crying...

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Poke I understand your grief of losing an animal friend, it is never easy. :hugs:hugs
Please, don't move ahead too fast, grieving is part of losing an animal and sometimes it is good to just let yourself. When I lost my llama I tried to suck it up but I learned a great lesson in that, it is good to grieve. It is good to et yourself cry it out.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have switched from a donkey to a mule:hide.
I hope to eventually show goats, and the mule, Lord willing.