1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. BYH Featured Thread: Growing horn pain/itching?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. 2017 BYC Calendar SUPER SALE!
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Poka_Doodle's journal - lots and lots of randomness

Discussion in 'Member's "BackYardHerds" Journals' started by Poka_Doodle, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Feb 3, 2017
    Poka_Doodle

Poka_Doodle True BYH Addict

Yes, that's very true!

TAH likes this.
  2. Feb 3, 2017
    Poka_Doodle

So I was going back through this and realize how I'm actually defying my expectations, I've made it and managed to somewhat motive myself!

3. Feb 17, 2017
    Poka_Doodle

Okay, so with my sixty degree weather I've started working with ticket. I'm thinking we will be working on barrels once we get past our minor issues.
    On another note, I've been working a lot with my show chickens lately (well actually not but you get the point). My showmanship bird has the mind of a puppy. It's entertaining, but plenty of work too.

4. Feb 18, 2017
    micah wotring

micah wotring True BYH Addict

I've never really trained a dog aside from "sit, kennel, lay down, shut up" and all the little things...

:thumbsup

Poka_Doodle likes this.
  5. Feb 28, 2017
    Poka_Doodle

Sometime around when I posted my last post I was up skiing and got to see a "cousin" I always look forward to seeing him, but I was also about to feel really bad, I THOUGHT. He has always loved dogs a bunch and I knew was a fan of Tippy. I told him and then said something about Roy and it was so calm, I do suppose my brother already had, but it was easy. And now I know why. While I don't care to go into any specifics, the people who often act the strongest have often suffered the most. That is him.

TAH and micah wotring like this.
  6. Mar 31, 2017
    Poka_Doodle

Ok, so it seems like I might be just a little over due for another update...
    While I have not been posting I have done a great job on coming up with rants though.
    Anyways we managed to hatch two chicks. A bunch of others went negative after being previously positive, so I'm not sure entity what to think except it might be somethin to do with my rooster. I'm planning on purchasing another rooster soon anyways though.
    We know our horse gets excited around other horses and my mom does not want to own a goat (she has some strange reasoning) but would be willing to consider someone else boarding a goat with my horse, so we can see if that happens.

TAH and micah wotring like this.
  7. Apr 5, 2017
    micah wotring

Huh...I don't know a whole lot about genetics but I hope you start getting better hatch rates!

Now what kind of strange reasoning would deny goats? That's just CRAAAAZY! ;)

Poka_Doodle likes this.
  8. Apr 5, 2017
    Poka_Doodle

Exactly!!!

micah wotring likes this.
  9. Apr 20, 2017
    Poka_Doodle

Well, where do I start? So much has happened.
    Anyways, showed last weekend, had my best performance in showmanship and the math was done wrong giving me a last place performance that should have been a second place. Very disappointing. However at the show, we also got second in our class with my larger bird. And we got some breeding birds.

Anyways so I understand the many mixed opinions on this, but congrats to Takara and Kyuquot for welcoming their calf yesterday.

And I live in Colorado so today is a holiday. No, I don't smoke, but it marks eighteen years since the Columbine shooting. I was not alive when it happened, but I know a survivor, even though it was never something we discussed before he left my dad's clinic a few years ago. Anyways, regardless I care, for the family's and survivors on that scary day.

Bruce, TAH and micah wotring like this.
  10. Apr 20, 2017
    micah wotring

Ah, too bad...at least you got second place!
    By 'we got some breeding birds' do you mean you bought some? If so, what kind? D'anvers I assume? (probably spelled wrong :p)

Poka_Doodle likes this.