Poka_Doodle's journal

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Poke I understand your grief of losing an animal friend, it is never easy. :hugs:hugs
Please, don't move ahead too fast, grieving is part of losing an animal and sometimes it is good to just let yourself. When I lost my llama I tried to suck it up but I learned a great lesson in that, it is good to grieve. It is good to et yourself cry it out.
Yes, that's very true!

Reactions: TAH

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah, I can't imagine skiing without him, especially now. The Lord is always with us and kept him safe. Now I sorta depend on him for skiing to make it fun and we have a couple contests too for fun.
A hug never feels so good when it also means someone close is safe.
So I was going back through this and realize how I'm actually defying my expectations, I've made it and managed to somewhat motive myself!

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Okay, so with my sixty degree weather I've started working with ticket. I'm thinking we will be working on barrels once we get past our minor issues.
On another note, I've been working a lot with my show chickens lately (well actually not but you get the point). My showmanship bird has the mind of a puppy. It's entertaining, but plenty of work too.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sometime around when I posted my last post I was up skiing and got to see a "cousin" I always look forward to seeing him, but I was also about to feel really bad, I THOUGHT. He has always loved dogs a bunch and I knew was a fan of Tippy. I told him and then said something about Roy and it was so calm, I do suppose my brother already had, but it was easy. And now I know why. While I don't care to go into any specifics, the people who often act the strongest have often suffered the most. That is him.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ok, so it seems like I might be just a little over due for another update...
While I have not been posting I have done a great job on coming up with rants though.
Anyways we managed to hatch two chicks. A bunch of others went negative after being previously positive, so I'm not sure entity what to think except it might be somethin to do with my rooster. I'm planning on purchasing another rooster soon anyways though.
We know our horse gets excited around other horses and my mom does not want to own a goat (she has some strange reasoning) but would be willing to consider someone else boarding a goat with my horse, so we can see if that happens.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, where do I start? So much has happened.
Anyways, showed last weekend, had my best performance in showmanship and the math was done wrong giving me a last place performance that should have been a second place. Very disappointing. However at the show, we also got second in our class with my larger bird. And we got some breeding birds.

Anyways so I understand the many mixed opinions on this, but congrats to Takara and Kyuquot for welcoming their calf yesterday.

And I live in Colorado so today is a holiday. No, I don't smoke, but it marks eighteen years since the Columbine shooting. I was not alive when it happened, but I know a survivor, even though it was never something we discussed before he left my dad's clinic a few years ago. Anyways, regardless I care, for the family's and survivors on that scary day.

Latest posts