Poka_Doodle's journal

micah wotring

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hey BYC, it's me, Poka Doodle, and about ten other people.
Yes, I'm admitting I had multiple accounts.
For near two years I've been here (BYH) and avoided talking much about BYC, except around @LukeMeister . But now that's going to change, sorta. Since I was young, when we lost my grandpa, I've had depression on and off. I never really realized it until a couple years ago. Depression flares caused me to do things most wouldn't, and eventually needing to leave my first BYC account, jgoldy2. Then that summer I got another account, but my email wouldn't accept it. So then after a couple weeks I got another account under a new email. That email crashed and caused my emails to get sent back and eventually ban my account Poka Doodle. Finally I set up one last account, amazingshowgirl and messed with it this fall, until eventually realising I didn't have enough time for it, and should work on school instead.
So anyways, that's my BYC story. Depression is never good when not managed and under control. And for those that have it, few care to speak of it, even though they don't always know what keeps them going. So minor issues may be nothing to them. And I'm just saying this for those of us here who have it, and continue to make it through the hard days, thanks to our amazing friends.

I'm gonna be honest and say I really don't know much about depression. However, I'm glad to see that you're looking for and hopefully doing the right thing with you time and thoughts.

Hang in there! We all like you.:thumbsup

Micah

LocoYokel

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Depression is never good when not managed and under control. And for those that have it, few care to speak of it, even though they don't always know what keeps them going. So minor issues may be nothing to them. And I'm just saying this for those of us here who have it, and continue to make it through the hard days, thanks to our amazing friends.
THANK YOU! I have dealt with depression since my late 'teens' and I am pushing 55 this year. And so true, I do not speak of it often. Not only it is hard to explain but the questions, while on the whole well-meaning, can be difficult to answer. It is so wonderful that you are being so open about it; it gives me the courage to try to do the same.:love

we have a lot of children. We do have a couple that suffer with depression, but they have it under control. One sadly, doesn't. She is having such a hard time. Really worrying us. Glad that you know that keeping it managed works..doing what is suggested.
It's the 'keeping" part that is hard for me, I get to feeling better and I truly forget to take my meds. It also can be very difficult to find the right medication and even that takes a few months to 'test'. I wish my best to your girl, if there is any support I can offer consider it done. :hugs

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
THANK YOU! I have dealt with depression since my late 'teens' and I am pushing 55 this year. And so true, I do not speak of it often. Not only it is hard to explain but the questions, while on the whole well-meaning, can be difficult to answer. It is so wonderful that you are being so open about it; it gives me the courage to try to do the same.:love

It's the 'keeping" part that is hard for me, I get to feeling better and I truly forget to take my meds. It also can be very difficult to find the right medication and even that takes a few months to 'test'. I wish my best to your girl, if there is any support I can offer consider it done. :hugs
Totally agreed. The hardest part is when someone thinks they have been through something super bad and you should feel super bad for them and all they've been though, and treat them like royalty, when it's something small. All whilst you have depression (for its been since I was six, so more then seven and a half years), and don't want people to feel bad for you, because you know others have been through worse. Let's just say I'm respectively ignoring that person, especially because I explained it to her over text, and like anything that's bad or she doesn't know the answer to, there was no response.

Most of my depression is now human activated.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
So I just figured out how to upload photos from my tablet.

And I'll have to sent all my photos to my tablet

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got this photo from today. Proud of showmanship, I did get second, but the first place kid does dairy goat as a 4h project. The show was totally worth it even after all the work I had to do, mostly because I got to see my boyfriend. And now onto to exhausting horse judging competition tomorrow.
IMG_0059_kindlephoto-2334928013.jpg

I used an older doe who belongs to a friend.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Didn't realize it'd been a whole month since I'd posted here.
Anyways, we have our 4h meat birds right now, I like their structures, and hopefully they'll get into liking food soon.

Also, I didn't realize it until recently, but parts of tonight were like the old days. I decorated the first cake I've decorated in a while, then we had a family of some close friends over, which doesn't happen when we're not skiing, and finally, I saw a old friend for the first time in eight or nine years. Funny how things change, but it's nice to have nights like tonight every once and a while. It was super good to catch up with our old friends, but in some ways, it was only like I hadn't seen him in a month, not who knows how many years. Cherish those friends, because you know that they'll be friends for life.

Latest posts