Poka_Doodle's journal

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hmmmm it's been a minute since I updated this journal.
To be completely honest, I don't have a lot to update.
My life these days is focused around school and running.
I want to say that I miss my time that I used to spend in the barn, but I honestly don't have time to. I began running about the moment I finished 4-H, and I love my marathon stuff.
Currently I am chasing the long term goal of running marathons in all 50 states. Next week I hope to complete state number 4 when I race in South Carolina.
January of this year, I did get a brief chance to return to the barn life, and work 19 days at a big Stock Show and rodeo. I watched cow shows daily, and really got to experience the Stock Show and everything it had to offer. Was truly a wonderful time and an experience I treasure.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just wanted to update that this past weekend I ran marathon number 7 I think.
4/50 states checked off.
South Carolina was very humid, but great to change it up and try running on the east coast. Also super inspiring talking to other runners out there.
Ran with a heavy heart, knowing the town I live in, was hurting pretty badly after a recent tragedy. Felt fitting to write something on my arms for them.
IMG_4678.JPG

IMG_4691.JPG

IMG_4735.JPG

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
So cool you've set the goal and are working on it. Are there others out there with the same goal to run marathons in all 50 states?? Guessing there are.
Hmmm - is there a marathon in Alaska? (not the Iditarod ;) ;) ), and Hawaii would definitely be fun.
Pretty sure just a couple thousand people (if even) have run marathons in all 50 states. Would be cool to join that club one day.
Definitely dreaming of Alaska, got a couple options, as well as Hawaii. But honestly just getting to see places I would never see, or wouldn't see at this age and stage in life, has been really neat and will probably continue to be so.
Not sure I would've gone to Myrtle Beach, if it wasn't for the marathon. Same with Moab, and that place was wonderful.
Rumor has it, Kentucky is next. Then maybe Wyoming. That one I think I would see if it wasn't for the race, but still cool.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pretty sure just a couple thousand people (if even) have run marathons in all 50 states. Would be cool to join that club one day.
Definitely dreaming of Alaska, got a couple options, as well as Hawaii. But honestly just getting to see places I would never see, or wouldn't see at this age and stage in life, has been really neat and will probably continue to be so.
Not sure I would've gone to Myrtle Beach, if it wasn't for the marathon. Same with Moab, and that place was wonderful.
Rumor has it, Kentucky is next. Then maybe Wyoming. That one I think I would see if it wasn't for the race, but still cool.
Moab - Oh it’s amazing there. I’ve done photo shoots there (LOL like thousands of others).

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hope every family is lucky enough to have a horse that can be passed down between family members. One that can be shown by both parent and child, with a ten year difference in between. A horse that can do something for everybody, and take the family somewhere.

There’s no way to imagine just what exactly Ticket has done for our family, or the difference he has made. The way he’s brought us all together. From letting my mom teach me everything with him, to taking the boys on countless hunting trips, and carrying countless elk.

He loved to jump, and I know it was hard for him when he suddenly couldn’t. We’ve tried for a while to do what we can do, but several times I have looked in his eye, and known he’s ready to retire.

It wasn’t an easy decision, but unquestionably he has earned retirement.
BE3B32CE-08E7-405F-BCAE-78C0346CD307.jpeg

Latest posts