Poka_Doodle's journal

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Originally what I thought this was:
Here I will update regularly about what I said in the title. I live in Colorado so you will find a lot of that stuff included.

Mostly this is about skiing, family life, meat chickens, show chickens, and working with my horse Ticket.
I have, and currently manage depression. So I have posted minor things about it.

What it really is:
This journal really was me growing up through many pages, I’d like to think that the me that originally came here had no idea what she was doing with her life (not that the current me has a much better idea).
In October of 2017, I think, I decided to mostly step away from this site for some personal reasons. These days, when I visit back here, I try to post in this journal.

I apologize for all the grammar mistakes in advance.

Last edited:

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Okay, life in Aurora during the trial.
The daily news updates are emotional. It also feels like three trial has taken forever, in reality that kinda is true, 48 days. So much to learn about why James Homes is guilty, our should be at least. I saw that the trial might be over after this week, it will be good, the news not quit as interesting and full though. Although shouldn't this have already happened, it will soon be 3 years since the shooting. Life will take a major happy change. Why happy? Fewer emotional stories to read on the news.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
So sad you have to live that over again
Hope it is over soon
Hang in there :thumbsup
Wish I could give you more than the thumbs up
Here is a big hug :hugs

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks, I wasn't there, actually on vacation at the time, it just impacts us all

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm sick of cat e-records. Luckily I only have 3 pages left, one has to do with litter and will take a couple days. I am going to be glad when they are finished and hopefully win, cats don't make it to state though.
Pumpkin my main show bird is getting trained, just I keep forgetting to do it when I have so much cat things to do.
It is odd to think of it but I think that today was my last swim meet, competitive swimming is over. I want to spend more time with my chickens and go to more shows but on Saturdays I have a swim meet for half the day and am super tired. It is sad, since I was 7 I swam for team. All those friendships I have made will be said goodbye on sunday.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's cool. I just finished with the Chapparal Sharks, Chapperal was the neighborhood of the pool

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
I see the haze in the air from Canada, and think of those hard wild fires that burned so much of Colorado. Smoke combined with the fog that we have been getting makes it look like sometime in the fall, spring of maybe winter. I am not encouraged to go out to do much more then chores, rather stay on the computer. It kind of looks like it will snow here, I know it won't rather rain though.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am almost finished with cats and when we get vegetable oil I will be near finished with cakes

Last edited:

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Fair is about one short week away from starting, I am getting excited and a bit nervous. Pumpkin my showmanship girl hasn't been well with training, but in the past she has done amazing with near no training. Yesterday I spent 3 hours decorating my cake, and it looks amazing, I had to miss lunch for it so it better

Latest posts