Poll: Your age group

Poll. What age group do you fall within?

• Teenage or younger

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 20-29

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • 30-39

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • 40-49

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • 50-59

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • 60 or older

Votes: 10 20.4%

• Total voters

MikeLM

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I used to think as some of you do.

Most people don't 'grow' old. They just wake up one day and they're there, usually with a health event signalling it's arrival.
Until late Sept 2015, I was still bullet proof and invisible and routinely jumped tall buildings in a single bound, right up until the chest pains started on Sep 28, and the quad bypass a few days later. A year previous, I was found to be in great health at my annual physical.
It's like a car or truck. It's a great vehicle, till it leaves ya seriously stranded on the side of the road one time and you never look at it the same way again.
Everyone is 'young'.....till they aren't.

Sorry to hear that. I hope your recovery went well.

Hipshot

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I generally don't feel 75 - that is until I look in the mirror.
Easy fix don't look

When my children ask "why?" I explain it's what I want to do & keeps me healthy (I have no medical issues, taking no meds as none needed!!) and keeps them from needing to care for me. I do suggest they could "donate" a day or two of labor once in a while :lol::old still waiting :pop

I'm with Hipshot...used to listen, now tell those tales. Hope it encourages others to live more simply & love it.
Nothing like a good story teller .:thumbsup

I mow lawn (about an acre) with a self propelled walk behind - I like doing it. Last summer daughter stopped by while I was mowing. She stomped across the front yard and asked, "What is wrong with this picture?" I replied, "What do you mean?" Her answer, "My 75 year old father mowing lawn in the heat." Easy answer, "What's right about the fact that I am still able to do this?" She stomped away as my grand daughter gave me the thumbs up and giggled.[/QUOTE] You just keep right on pushing old timer :thumbsuphope your still doing it when you hit triple digits .

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm 63 and I have to say @greybeard hit it on the head. Didn't feel anywhere near "old" but after a car accident - they hit me head on - and hitting my knee, could have been ALOT WORSE , the following little aches became bigger ones and then the orthoscopic (sp?) surgery and now constant knee pains and an ankle. I get up and go to work some days at 2 am and others at 6 am and in the last couple months it has really hit me; because it hurts to put the weight on the joints. I am trying to lose weight to help but when it hurts to walk, it's kinda hard to walk it off.....
I still take care of the dairy nurse cows that are mine; my son and I have a cow/calf operation and we make alot of hay and I still get on the tractor and do 90% of the tedding and raking....
Doing prolotherapy on the joints, and it is finally showing some results on the one knee. Will switch to the other knee now. The ankle is pretty bad but they think it will improve over time.
Luckily no ther health issues except the weight, no meds, just alot of vitamins, supplements.