Possible purchase or pregnant doe - bottle baby

nstone630

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The b complex says 5ml for every 100 lbs. Geez. I figure it's vitimins I can't really over dose, 1 ml? She will pee out what she doesn't need.

nstone630

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
She has no interest in feeding tonight. I will give it a little while and try again. I worry this wasn't caught soon enough. :(

I pray the b complex gives her the boost she needs.

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
What is her temperature?

She really should have been fed a colostrum replacer; not a colostrum supplement :(
Don't know much about the Manna pro, but some of the other replacers from TSC are soy based. You don't want that either.

You will need to contact your vet ASAP. Talk to your vet about possibly boosting her immune system with other vitamins and minerals and in the meantime I'd see if you can pull some hair for the G6S testing and go from there. If she is negative or a carrier you might be able to work with her and get her healthy. If she is affected/positive she simply won't live. Hoping that is not the case. I don't think there is an age requirement for G6S testing but I'm not sure.

I hate to say this, but if she doesn't make it you should consider taking her to Rollins lab for a necropsy.

Right now it is hard to say what exactly her issue is without seeing her etc.

How is she acting otherwise?

For reference our 10 day old Nubians are eating 16oz 3x a day. Sometimes more than that cause they get to sneak off of their dam too. Right now your doelings intake is less than a newborn Nigerian kid :( Really hoping you can get her turned around.

nstone630

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
What is her temperature?

She really should have been fed a colostrum replacer; not a colostrum supplement :(
Don't know much about the Manna pro, but some of the other replacers from TSC are soy based. You don't want that either.

You will need to contact your vet ASAP. Talk to your vet about possibly boosting her immune system with other vitamins and minerals and in the meantime I'd see if you can pull some hair for the G6S testing and go from there. If she is negative or a carrier you might be able to work with her and get her healthy. If she is affected/positive she simply won't live. Hoping that is not the case. I don't think there is an age requirement for G6S testing but I'm not sure.

I hate to say this, but if she doesn't make it you should consider taking her to Rollins lab for a necropsy.

Right now it is hard to say what exactly her issue is without seeing her etc.

How is she acting otherwise?

For reference our 10 day old Nubians are eating 16oz 3x a day. Sometimes more than that cause they get to sneak off of their dam too. Right now your doelings intake is less than a newborn Nigerian kid :( Really hoping you can get her turned around.
I'll contact the vet in the morning.
By what you say you newborns are eating, I'm very pessimistic. Trying not to be :(:(. But the last 48 hrs is when she wouldn't take more than a couple ounces. And now tonight, shows no interest and no energy. All she wants to do is sleep. I took her out just now, usually she wouldn't leave me alone, wanting food, tonight she peed (barely a sprinkle) and stood there. :(

I'll see what the vet can to in the am.

Up until 48 hrs ago, she was lively and almost normal, taking about 4 oZ every feeding. I know, not great, but better than nothing.

We were unavailable and 5 hrs away when she was born. Didn't even know to expect her. :confused: she literally fell in our lap. The colostrum is all I could do via phone to someone who barely knew what they were doing. I'm lucky she made it the first 48 hrs after being born until we could get to her. I was told they milked about 4 oZ of colostrum from the dead mom and fed her that. But when I got here, the bottle they were using was pointless, no way she got any of it :barnie what I would have done to be here. And supplement, no clue if any or what she got. No one measured. And again, the bottle they were using, I'm surprised she lasted 2 days. :(:confused:

nstone630

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
This is what they used. Said the bottle and nipple, Pritchett nipple and sprite bottle, I told them to use choked her! But I wasn't able to be here to help!! I could cry. I tried to explain to them that it would work, they wouldn't hear me. :\

I'm going to see if she will take anything now. :fl

Attachments

• 20170607_224135.jpg
    20170607_224135.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 164

nstone630

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
This is the ingredients of the colostrum she possibly got.

Attachments

• 20170607_224730.jpg
    20170607_224730.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 177

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have used a puppy bottle, but it is difficult. I do remember it was a sudden thing and there wasn't much you could do - - not blaming you.

Really hoping she can pull through this.

nstone630

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
She nudges me like she would an udder to let down when feeding. But when I try and bottle feed she absolutely refuses, multiple times. :hu if she is that hungry, why won't she just take the bottle. She did just fine a few days ago.

Latest posts